Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

Yep - I sat freezing all day when working from home, and the other house occupant took an executive decision last night while I was out. I didn't grumble too much.

Posted
47 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Lol, it's a collective agreement. The date is really just a marker, that closest to the start and finish of GMT. Some years we've had to deviate a little bit - like last October, we put the heating on during the last five days which were cold, but then didn't need it on in the last week of Feb or March.

Suppose you follow a policy of having your bath on a Friday night whether you are dirty or not. Possibly skipping the odd week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Snipper said:

Suppose you follow a policy of having your bath on a Friday night whether you are dirty or not. Possibly skipping the odd week. 

Errr no. Being clean is just good manners. Anyway - showers, not baths!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

My heating works on a thermostat so it comes on in the day whenever indoor temperatures are below 19°C. 

That happened on a few days in September, and also quite a lot of days in the very cold first half of June.

Posted
58 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Cat was cold so had to switch it on otherwise she would meow her head off until i did

You need a hairier cat, better insulation

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Errr no. Being clean is just good manners. Anyway - showers, not baths!

Too right.  Saves time and water.  Got better better things to do than sit in my own filth. 

Mind you when you are young sitting in a nice fresh bath with someone you love nothing is better. Funny it is not the same when you are an OAP and nothing works properly. Hey ho. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Turned it on today only to see if it was all ok , the smell is gives off after not being used for a while is writer weird (not in a bad way ) anyway All was good so turned it off after 30 mins .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
6 hours ago, Thundershine said:

My heating works on a thermostat so it comes on in the day whenever indoor temperatures are below 19°C. 

That happened on a few days in September, and also quite a lot of days in the very cold first half of June.

Aye, ours is on Hive, set at 18.5 day, 17 at night and when we're out during the day..works very well, we can always boost it or knock it down , but it saves the arguments!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Woodburner was alight all day yesterday. Our house is extremely well insulated and air tight (built it ourselves 4 years ago and we made sure it was going to be a heat efficient as possible). We like a warm house so tend to get to woodburner lit as soon as the living room is below 22C. Was a toasty 28C downstairs most of yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

No where near cold enough yet. House downstairs nice 18c,kept upstairs 15 to 16c with windows open so good for sleeping in! Been in the house 16 years now,never had the stat over 20c,government grant for insulation sees to that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 hour ago, markyo said:

No where near cold enough yet. House downstairs nice 18c,kept upstairs 15 to 16c with windows open so good for sleeping in! Been in the house 16 years now,never had the stat over 20c,government grant for insulation sees to that.

Living room is around 20°C and bedroom is a nice 17-19°C with the window open. I really don't feel the need, like some people, to close up shop and bang the heating on once it drops below 20 indoors. It gets too stuffy for my liking with the window closed for just a few hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Living room is around 20°C and bedroom is a nice 17-19°C with the window open. I really don't feel the need, like some people, to close up shop and bang the heating on once it drops below 20 indoors. It gets too stuffy for my liking with the window closed for just a few hours.

To me it feels unhealthy to have a indoor temp much above 20c. Its also costly for no real benefit.

• Like 1

Posted
On 07/10/2019 at 12:11, suffolkboy_ said:

Woodburner was alight all day yesterday. Our house is extremely well insulated and air tight (built it ourselves 4 years ago and we made sure it was going to be a heat efficient as possible). We like a warm house so tend to get to woodburner lit as soon as the living room is below 22C. Was a toasty 28C downstairs most of yesterday.

Few! Way to hot for me. 

• Like 1

Posted

Not on yet.

Must admit, was tempted the last couple of evenings, but resisted as with these temps it gets too warm too quickly, and then upstairs for bedtime it is far too warm. Plus, we're off to warmer climes tom morn (Fuerteventura), so will consider for last 10 days of October when we've returned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still around 19-20°C inside at the moment so just about warm enough not to need the heating yet. Had the heater on in the conservatory for the first time yesterday but it's quite a bit cooler in there than the rest of the house and that's not using the central heating anyway. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Yep its -2c and blowing a gale outside..windchill is at -11c so will pop the heating on when i get home from work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Ours was not turned off at all this Summer but the thermostat turned down to 14/15C. It has come on quite a few times in the last month or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It’s on now after being 12°C all day with no sun. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!
On 04/10/2019 at 15:48, fujita5 said:

You need a hairier cat, better insulation

This guy never moans about the cold, Norwegian roots apparently..

BA57EB23-EE5D-4727-B58A-025D1D9D7429.thumb.jpeg.9c6adeac9d49f34f7c3a0afc63264d52.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
13 hours ago, Beanz said:

This guy never moans about the cold, Norwegian roots apparently..

BA57EB23-EE5D-4727-B58A-025D1D9D7429.thumb.jpeg.9c6adeac9d49f34f7c3a0afc63264d52.jpeg

Looks a bit  Turkish Vanish to me. Lovely breed if it is. Good tolerant more than usual laid back  house cat. Supposed to like water. 

• Like 1