Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

• 10 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Certainly considering it tonight, but need to get a pipe fixed before it can go on, so it's a blanket instead!

First time I've felt properly cold so far.

Posted
55 minutes ago, cheese said:

Had it on several times already.

Yes, me too, but I also have looked out my warm pjs and wooly jumpers.:oldlaugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

No I still sleep with the window open.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Briefly as the rooms would have gone below 16C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not yet, although if I had my way it might have been on tonight. 

Posted

We put ours on for an hour for the first time yesterday after the inside temp dropped to 18C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

As I rely on Calor Gas for heating, I'm holding off getting a bottle just for the moment.

Luckily flat is currently at 21c here, but it's coming I feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Yes, got below 16c in one of the back bedrooms so we popped it on for an hour yesterday evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Yup. Temp went down to 2.8c one night during the week. Current bedroom temp is 14.6 so it might help if I shut the window and door! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

We have a rule in the house to not put the heating on before November 1st or after March 31st unless it’s really cold, so no heating yet, although the house feels noticeably chilly, especially when it’s windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes but only on low, last couple of nights and particularly early mornings were pretty chilly. Turned heating off this morning though so will see how we go.

Posted

Hell no!  Me and my partner both have naturally high body temperatures, especially at night.  Plus we have a dog who likes to sleep under the covers with us so he keeps us toasty.  We love having windows open, even when it's cold outside.

The general rule in our house is to put on a jumper if you're cold!  The heating only comes on when daytime temperatures are below 10C or nights are below freezing - and even then it's only on for an hour in the early morning and an hour mid evening.

The only exception to the rule is if we have anyone elderly visiting or if anyone brings a baby round.  Neither of those situations arise very often so our heating bill is generally lower than the average.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Putting the heating on yesterday evening for an hour and the same thing a few days ago. All we have needed so far.

Posted
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

We have a rule in the house to not put the heating on before November 1st or after March 31st unless it’s really cold, so no heating yet, although the house feels noticeably chilly, especially when it’s windy.

We have a rule or you have a rule? Out of interest what has the date got to do with it?

Posted
1 hour ago, fujita5 said:

Hell no!  Me and my partner both have naturally high body temperatures, especially at night.  Plus we have a dog who likes to sleep under the covers with us so he keeps us toasty.  We love having windows open, even when it's cold outside.

The general rule in our house is to put on a jumper if you're cold!  The heating only comes on when daytime temperatures are below 10C or nights are below freezing - and even then it's only on for an hour in the early morning and an hour mid evening.

The only exception to the rule is if we have anyone elderly visiting or if anyone brings a baby round.  Neither of those situations arise very often so our heating bill is generally lower than the average.

Good luck to you. Good way to ensure any guests don’t hang around. Must try it. 
Must admit I feel the cold more than I use to.  A lot of my time was spent outside and house seemed boiling when I got home. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Had the range ticking over the past 2 nights here just to keep the damp/early chill off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
35 minutes ago, Snipper said:

We have a rule or you have a rule? Out of interest what has the date got to do with it?

Lol, it's a collective agreement. The date is really just a marker, that closest to the start and finish of GMT. Some years we've had to deviate a little bit - like last October, we put the heating on during the last five days which were cold, but then didn't need it on in the last week of Feb or March.