Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Turned it on briefly last night as it was 12C, what a yucky day. Happy with the heavy rain (from time to time) but does it have to be so cold with it?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The Mrs has demanded the Argor on here this evening. Oh well..

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Posted

Had the open fire lit the last few evenings. May have to fire the Argor up tomorrow night as it looks to be a bit nippy.

Posted

Heating went on yesterday - I tried to hold off.. but the consistent dampness is taking real effect, very limited sunshine last couple of weeks.

When you put your heating on will depend on so many factors, age of property, whether it is a flat, ground floor, upper floor, detached, terraced, level of time it is occupied, level of insulation, aspect, size of rooms, height, personal decision (cost etc).

My flat is part of a mostly unoccupied very large victorian detached house, its ground/first floor and exposed to the westerly gales being west facing with a west/north aspect, benefiting to some degree from sunshine in afternoon/evening, but the power of the sun diminishes rapidly now.

Posted

Not yet. Not cold enough. New double glazing, fitted in last couple of years and insulation should keep us warm(ish) until 1st week of November (at least), unless weather suddenly turns cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

would do if the sodding pilot light would ignite, I'm going to get some matches.........nuclear explosion gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

On and off but only in the last few days. Not sure I'll need tonight but I may tomorrow morning to take the chill off.

• 1 year later...
Posted

Nope :good:

Although to be fair, I've been up in the NW for last couple of months and long sleeves had crept out again. Returned down to the SE on Thursday night and it's still warm with dead grass down here! Even though cooler today I'm still in short sleeves with windows open at 9.30pm :laugh: 

Posted

Yes, been using the heating since around 20th of September. As soon as the mornings and evenings starting becoming chilly, the heating goes on for an hour or so. 

We will probably start using the heating more often as we move through October. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Yes, this house keeps in heat like mad in the summer, but loses it so much when it's cold. Poor insulation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I won't put the heating on till the first air frost/ground frost or dense fog.  I am getting thermal curtains and along with the blinds when it is sunny will hopefully keep the house warm as it is very difficult to keep warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Went on for the first time this morning, after I got in from work. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Got the chimney swept on Thursday and it seems we will need to have a fire tonight as the house temperature is around 16c from last nights air frost despite sunshine shining through the south facing windows.

Will only need it this evening by the looks of it as next week is looking mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The indoor temperature is 17  °C  and I have put the heating on and hopefully it get the front room warm.

Posted
18 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Yes, this house keeps in heat like mad in the summer, but loses it so much when it's cold. Poor insulation.

Same with our flat. Old Victorian building, so we bake when it’s 27 plus outside, then we start to freeze once the temps outside drop below 17.

• Like 1

Posted

Not yet, and probably won't until it falls to around freezing during the evening. Flat is so well insulated we can keep it warm just by cooking dinner!

We've even still got the windows open most of the time at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Yes, a couple of weeks ago. Old croft house, draughty, but does have decent double glazing and we insulated the upstairs rooms over the last couple of years. They are the warmest rooms in the house! If Fridays weather turns out as predicted we'll need the open fire on, there's a storm a brewing and the power may go off. It doesn't look like it'll be too cold though, so it ain't all bad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Heatings been on for over a month, the joys of the metal framed house! Too warm upstairs and too cold downstairs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yes. although the house stays at 22c, that now feels chilly due to our wonderful hot summer and the fact we like some fresh air in. Only on for an hour or so at 7am so house toasty to get ready in, then it's off until the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

On now but very low, just enough to maintain 20-21C during the day.  Off at night despite the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

Nope and had some chilly nights,living on a narrowboat sure does feel a chill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Nope still. It’s getting noticeable in the mornings now that I’m going to need a gas bottle soon but not just yet!

Hoping to eek it out now till pay day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Turned ours off now, had it on last Friday and Saturday. 

We've now gone back to summer, cut lawn this afternoon in just my shorts and t-shirt.