Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Am I the only one who saw the jokey tone in cheese's post?! (Well, I hope it was).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

our heating is set for 6:30 every morning so we get out of bed to a warm house at 7am, and comes back on in the evening for a bit.  It certainly isn't on all day long and it is very rare i put it on any other time. For the times in between however, there is little one cuddles and her frozen blanket and a cup of something hot.

I hibernated early this year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Am I the only one who saw the jokey tone in cheese's post?! (Well, I hope it was).

Lol, at least my humour is not completely wasted.. it doesn't bother me what level other people have when it comes to putting the heating on - but I don't see why it bothers some that I put the heating on more readily.. it isn't their money I'm using after all!

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Lol, at least my humour is not completely wasted.. it doesn't bother me what level other people have when it comes to putting the heating on - but I don't see why it bothers some that I put the heating on more readily.. it isn't their money I'm using after all!

Sorry your humour is lost on me,doesn't bother me when you put your heating on! As you said its your money. Everybody to their own.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Fire has gone on this morning for the first time this season, not

Because its cold out, but due to the fact I have a stinking cold

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Normally don't even think about it until November, but after at least a 20C temp drop, I think we can be forgiven for sticking it on.

It's crazy how cold a house can get when no one has been in it for a fortnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think it's about time we opened a new thread now to something along the lines of... Have you turned your heating off yet?  :rofl:  :hi:

Been on every evening and some afternoons now for last couple of weeks and even then it still drops into the low teens by morning. :cold:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Central heating being fixed today ( hopefully! ), so that surely means that the temperature will now plummet. Ach well, a girl can dream. It's been so mild here I've not needed the heating on anyway, the fire in the sitting room sufficient at the moment. From what I've seen of forecasts for the next week or so, not much is going to change so the heating can stay off and I can save the oil for when it's really needed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Last few days have been so warm, that my heating's been turned off again :D  Weird weather ......... 

Edited by interested & confused

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I had my windows wide open last night!

Posted

The problem is the dampness, it makes a huge difference to have a burst of heat to keep indoor humidity down, at least in the evening even though without it indoor temps might still be a reasonable 17C or so here.
Here that's just a woodstove anyway with 'free' wood so no reason not to.

Open windows this time of year? No thanks far too foggy/damp and windy most days. Trickle vents on less windy days maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Turned it on mid-October but have just switched it off again for the time being. With temperatures currently running at 3°c above average for November, it's easy to see why...

Posted

No chance.

Loving the mild temps.

Just back from Fuerteventura tonite and pleasantly surprised that our lad didnt switch it on.

Mild mild mild will do me right up to December.

Posted

The problem is the dampness, it makes a huge difference to have a burst of heat to keep indoor humidity down, at least in the evening even though without it indoor temps might still be a reasonable 17C or so here.

Here that's just a woodstove anyway with 'free' wood so no reason not to.

Open windows this time of year? No thanks far too foggy/damp and windy most days. Trickle vents on less windy days maybe.

My heating use has been minimal in recent weeks due to the mild weather but my dehumidfier has been running several hours a day. Although running the dehumidfier is still cheaper than turning the heating on. It might say 15 or 16 Celcius on an outdoor thermometer recently but I'm sure the feels like temperature must be in excess of 20 Celcius with all this humidity.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Argor on this morning here, Tried to make do with the log burner but Mrs M has put her foot down.. 21c inside 1.5c out with a wind chill of -1.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Heating hasn't been on yet in our student house. Luckily for us we live in a terrace house and we manage to steal the neighbours' heat. It'll be fleeces only for a while yet methinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just turned the heating on early! Was set to come on at 16:00, 15.7c inside the house. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

After doing some decorating and removing radiators (and finding a leak) which depressurized the boiler, the inside temperature got down to a lovely 14.7c this morning. I had my coat on in the house, but decided to fix the leaks and get the boiler running before the family came home lol. House is now 17.3c :)

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I cant bolier broke

Bleed radiators first time in 4yrs. Pressure dropped had the key , but the instructions not clear re topping boiler up. Then one bit dropped of and a 'grey bit thread broke' figured call a boiler engineer who will probably fix it in 5 mins and charge £129 + VAT happy days.

Posted

Argor off this morning and back to the log burner. 0.4c out 23c in.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Turned the heating on early yesterday afternoon but forgot to switch back onto the timer so it has been on all night, nearly 22.0c in my room when I woke up.. :oops:  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...