Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just one duvet here, when it is warm I sleep on it, cooler under it and when the cold sets in I chuck a fleece throw over the top.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good visibility.

My heating's not on at the moment but it has been on for the occasional today since last month. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Log burners been tinking away all night, Lovely and warm in the living room 22c. 8c outside.

• Like 1

Posted

Still haven't needed it on here yet (nor the fire in the living room) despite a 5.3C and 4.5C minima in the last two nights. The 30cm thickness of insulation I put in the loft last November is doing a fine job. The temperature is still 21.4C inside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Was tempted during the colder nights of the week, but the blanket saw to that. Going to Mexico for 2 weeks next Monday. I have feeling it might get stuck on for a bit on our return!

no. i dont allow the heating on until its at least 0° kelvin. my windows are wedged open so they can never be shut. in fact i've removed the glass anyway. i only allow my family to wear t-shirts until hypothermia has set in, then i may allow a thin fleece. in very cold weather, i allow a candle to provide heat for the house. if the temperature drops even further, i may allow the candle to be lit...
there. i must now be hard/manly/frugal/stingy enough for this thread...

laserguy? Is that you?

Posted

Heating no where near being switched on.

Hoping to hold out until November.

New double glazing fitted last May (2014) in front and this April (2015) had the back done. Old DG units were ####ed so replaced them. Hoping it makes a big difference this Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Heating no where near being switched on.

Hoping to hold out until November.

New double glazing fitted last May (2014) in front and this April (2015) had the back done. Old DG units were ####ed so replaced them. Hoping it makes a big difference this Winter.

Me neither, BB. Why would anyone want to put their heating on? Hold-out for as long as you can! :D

Posted

Log burners on again low tonight to keep the chill/damp off. The Argors not going on till December at least but im going to make do as long as possible with the 6.8Kw multi fuel burner i installed this summer which can bang some heat out when cranked up. And i have an endless supply of free logs  :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Log burners on again low tonight to keep the chill/damp off. The Argors not going on till December at least but im going to make do as long as possible with the 6.8Kw multi fuel burner i installed this summer which can bang some heat out when cranked up. And i have an endless supply of free logs :)

The less logs you burn the less heat you release, the more likely it will snow in winter. Lol if only that was a simple technique.

Anyway the heating is on a little here but just briefly.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

15 year old gas boiler has broken down again and is on its last legs, my gas man is pop-in around tomorrow, but it's not looking good.

New combination boiler coming up methinks, had a chat today over the phone and for around a grand, a 32kw condensing combi supplied & fitted.

Glad it ain't the middle of winter i'd be freezing my tits by now :)

I must say you're doing well if you can get a new combi fitted for a grand. Reminds me how expensive life is here in the SE - I think you'd be struggling to find a reputable heating engineer here who'd do it for under £1500.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Gave in for an hour this evening, was bloody chilly when I got in from work.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Its chilly enough to have a jumper on and close the windows at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Thinking of fitting my electric blanket.  I can avoid using any heating as long as I'm warm in bed, especially as I sleep under an open window even if it's snowing.

• Like 1

Posted

Thinking of fitting my electric blanket. I can avoid using any heating as long as I'm warm in bed, especially as I sleep under an open window even if it's snowing.

You must have some resilience to the cold after all that skinny dipping? Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

You must have some resilience to the cold after all that skinny dipping?

I'm a bare-skin winter swimmer - look at my build, I'm very well insulated :D .  However I find the endless dreary cold of a British winter both depressing and enervating.  That's another thing about the British winter: SAD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

I'd love to turn my heating on as it is currently 4.7c. Heating is broken, big fire on in sitting room later and wood burner in the kitchen may be lit later today if it stays this cold. A certain party promised to have the central heating fixed by the beginning of October, mind you , he didn't say what year that would be! Extra fleece required today by the look of things and some wood chopping will be required too!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

On this morning to take the chill off. Will be off in a bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

won't be on until at least 1st November, later if we can, although it may get to the point that it needs to go on to dry the washing if it can't go on the line, whole place just ends up damp. It may be cheap to shop at Primark but none of it tumble dries!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

On this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Not yet. 17.8c inside and 5.7c out so it's fine at the moment.

Posted

Heating has been on since mid September here at least.

When I arrived back in the UK from Spain I just could not get used to how cold it is here.

We went to Spain to get away from the UK cold summer.

I think this winter is going to be very cold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Not a chance,no where near cold enough yet even to think about heating!