Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Not on yet. Average inside temperature is still 20.5c. .Felling cooler now .Slippers are on as well as jumper. Cotton sheets are off the bed and replaced with  flannelette sheets. Had made quilts are used as throws on  chairs and ready to use at a moments notice. Bungalow can be very snug.  

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Had the open fire lit the past few nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

For first time this season I felt the chill on any exposed body parts while in bed. Never something to relish that's for sure! Looks to be warming up a bit again here later in the week so should be ok ... for now.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Heating! I've only recently started sleeping under the cover again.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

12 degrees sounds a little unreasonable if you ask me!   we are in cold house and we try to stick to 15c

That is cold and by NHS standards is a risk to your health. :nonono:

At 12c or even 15c the house will get very damp through Autumn/ Winter...Brrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

21c is 'room temperature' and is the most comfortable for the average human being neither too cool nor too warm. A house in range 18c-22c is reasonable with bedroom/unused rooms on the cool end and sitting rooms on the warm end. Any cooler and you can risk health and it'll end up damp (like my old place did when it fell cold during the middle of the working day) and any warmer you're wasting energy (well unless its that warm out of course, then its great!).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

21c is 'room temperature' and is the most comfortable for the average human being neither too cool nor too warm. A house in range 18c-22c is reasonable with bedroom/unused rooms on the cool end and sitting rooms on the warm end. Any cooler and you can risk health and it'll end up damp (like my old place did when it fell cold during the middle of the working day) and any warmer you're wasting energy (well unless its that warm out of course, then its great!).

But those temperatures are subjective, above 18C and I find it too hot to be comfortable and being too hot can also cause health issues.

• Like 1

Posted

Well I'm basing this on average people given the sorts of temperature most public spaces are heated to. If you find 18c too hot then walking into most pubs, shops, buses or other public buildings must be hard going!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I generally avoid shops and buses like the plague, mostly dreadful places. Please enlighten me to the 'average' person though, I have never met one. I rely on being warm blooded and having a good working circulation to stay warm but hey that's the advantage of being healthy I guess.

• Like 2

Posted

I generally avoid shops and buses like the plague, mostly dreadful places.

As should everyone. As for pubs - seething cesspits of depravity and debauchery fuelled by an unfathomable desire to attain that state by spending a fortune on something you can make better yourself for much less, to be enjoyed in the tranquil and civilised environs of your own home. However... if you have to visit such places the best time is on a winter's evening at the onset of a blizzard. Leaving said hostelry at chucking out time to be confronted by a raging snowstorm to accompany you on your journey home is one of life's unsung pleasures.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Heating? Still have the windows open of a night! Nothing better than a cold room with a thick, comfy duvet to snuggle up in of a night.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I'll consider putting the radiators on when my ale struggles to ferment - and not a moment sooner. There really is no other excuse for it.

your cold, admit it :p:laugh:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

But those temperatures are subjective, above 18C and I find it too hot to be comfortable and being too hot can also cause health issues.

Yes 21C is too high I would say 18c is about right.

Posted

The missus and kid were wailing about being cold last night, and being the big softie that I am, I allowed them to put the radiators on... but only after they'd waited three hours with their little blue fingers and noses until I'd gone to work at 10pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Certainly will need to today if my forecast from Netweather is right lol

post-1428-0-02013000-1411722542_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Certainly will need to today if my forecast from Netweather is right lol

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Netweather have hired James Madden.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Windows open tonight again, sun was very warm today :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Down to single figures last night so windows all closed up until sun warmed it up nicely today. No heating yet, nor has the building had it switched on yet.

I let Jeeves light the candles last night.

post-7914-0-41158400-1411765956_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Still got the fan going daily here as it is humid and warm! Almost October and we still have windows and doors open all day and until we go to sleep! :crazy:

Posted

Days when it is not sunny it does feel a bit chilly especially the main living room which faces east and does not get the stronger sun for long.
Yesterday touched 19C but we have had plenty of days below 15C and nights below 10C so a slow net cooling
Anyway have had wood stove on about twice a week for 2 or 3 hours in the evening - nice to have masses of 'free' hot water next day.

The south facing rooms do still warm up well when it's sunny.
 I wonder if the lower sun hitting the glass more directly actually heats the inside better at this time of year than it can when higher in the sky? 
The power of it is reduced by going through the atmosphere at an angle though, I guess that is a stronger effect.