Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just back from a walk to the next village in a T-shirt and now home the back door in the kitchen is open letting cooler air into the lounge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Electric fire is back on again tonight. You wouldn't think we were in high summer! :rofl:

17c inside and chilly 9.4c outside

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

10.1c outside now, 20.2 inside now the fire is lit. I'm far from cold though.

Posted

I have just had strict orders to light the Fire by the other.. Indoor temp 17.8c.

You need to put your foot down, PM. Been out all afternoon and the first thing the missus did before making me dinner was put the radiators on. That lasted all of 30 seconds. She's got plenty of cardigans an' stuff for that nonsense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still don't think the building heating is on but certainly all the windows are closed tonight - only 12c under heavy rain. Dreadful conditions.

Posted

Electric fire is back on again tonight. You wouldn't think we were in high summer! :rofl:

17c inside and chilly 9.4c outside

really?

Posted

You need to put your foot down, PM. Been out all afternoon and the first thing the missus did before making me dinner was put the radiators on. That lasted all of 30 seconds. She's got plenty of cardigans an' stuff for that nonsense.

Trust me it's heart breaking after all the hard work put in chopping the logs...But it keeps her happy! Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Still over 25C in here, and no chance of me putting the heating on until November, That's what layers and jumpers are for.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

We've had the kitchen fitter in all day today,so front door been open all day. I've been decorating the back bedroom so the upstairs windows have been wide open,and still are to get rid of the paint pong. Wonderful fresh feeling throughout the house at last and more importantly, no heating required.

Posted

Still over 25C in here, and no chance of me putting the heating on until November, That's what layers and jumpers are for.

layers and jumpers are okay down to around 15c but below that it starts to get uncomfortable at least I find that is case for me when sat around on an evening.

25c however, well it wasn't that warm in the house even in the heat waves this year!

down to 7.5c now outside so house will be fresh in morning

Posted

16.7c in house at moment

Posted

Perhaps we were spoilt by that wonderful hot spell we had recently, but 14C day time is pitiful for mid-August, even by British Summer standards. The house is fine this time of year even when it's wet and windy provided I keep the windows closed. I haven't contemplated putting the heating on yet, but the spare duvet may go on the bed if it doesn't warm up again soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Perhaps we were spoilt by that wonderful hot spell we had recently, but 14C day time is pitiful for mid-August, even by British Summer standards. The house is fine this time of year even when it's wet and windy provided I keep the windows closed. I haven't contemplated putting the heating on yet, but the spare duvet may go on the bed if it doesn't warm up again soon.

Up here 14c during the day is not uncommon during summer. A bit chilly mind but it happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Up here 14c during the day is not uncommon during summer. A bit chilly mind but it happens.

That's in Glasgow though, it's expected. I live very close to London and my maxima today was 17c. Truly awful for the time of year. 

Haven't turned it on yet but won't be long if these temperatures persist and get worse. 

For some reason, my Dad insists on having the back door and living room window open all day when it's 16-17c outside and windy. Doesn't take long to take the room temperature down to 19c, which is right on the border of uncomfortable to sit in for a period of time in my opinion. 

Posted

Trust me it's heart breaking after all the hard work put in chopping the logs...But it keeps her happy!

perhaps she can dig the garden as well to work up a sweat?

Posted

perhaps she can dig the garden as well to work up a sweat?

Good idea. I got mine to mow our massive lawn - poor thing's asleep now but I'll wake her up soon... it's time for her to make me supper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

didn't put the heating on, but has been chilly this evening so had a log fire on for the first time since Feb.....felt nice and cozy.....laserguy, I'm going to use your suggestion for my missus re. mowing lawn and making my supper....the lawn won't get cut or supper made, but at least I'll keep warm running very quickly away dodging her set of pans aimed for my head  :wink:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Heating not on yet.

This morning the indoor temp was 18C when I got up, plenty warm enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

18c is fine for hoovering & cleaning in but I wouldn't want to sit for hours working on my pc at that temp. Even with a jumper on my mouse hand would eventually ache from the chill!

Posted

Haven't turned the heating on yet but the amount of spare parts that have started going out of work im guessing quite a few people have already,

british gas have already started their winter "profile" and woseley also

usally this doesn't happen till the end of september

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

In the UK the minimum workplace temperature according to the Health & Safety Executive is 16 degrees centigrade (61 F).

I would be very worried if I was an active youngish person who was finding 18C too cold to sit about in. Even in the depths of winter the thermostat in our house is only set to 18/19C. However in the lounge on chilly evenings we may well have the coal fire going which makes it very roasty toasty indeed....but even then not before late September.

Edited by windswept

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

In the UK the minimum workplace temperature according to the Health & Safety Executive is 16 degrees centigrade (61 F).

I would be very worried if I was an active youngish person who was finding 18C too cold to sit about in. Even in the depths of winter the thermostat in our house is only set to 18/19C. However in the lounge on chilly evenings we may well have the coal fire going which makes it very roasty toasty indeed....but even then not before late September.

when I was living in Calgary my thermostat was set at 18c during the winter..was nice and toastie.