Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First air frost of the 2014/15 season

Posted

Oh dear no action in this thread for 6 weeks says it all.. with only 8 days left, I suspect a number of places will be waiting until December to see their first air frost - some the first ground frost.

Last November delivered a number of ground frosts and handful of air frosts, this year apart from a couple of days 4-5 Nov, so far its been very mild. So much for frost and fog..

I hope December redeems things markedly.

Who is still awaiting first air frost and indeed ground frost?

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Ive had no air frost so far this Autumn,taking the year 2014 as a whole ive had a grand total of 2 slight air frosts so far. I have not had an Autumn air frost since late Nov 2012,last autumn airfrost before that was late Nov 2010. Air frosts for my location during Autumn are becoming increasing rare it seems to me.

There is a good chance though i might see an air frost tonight or/and tomorrow night, clear with a temp of 3.6c atm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Only a handful of years have had a completely air frost-free autumn here, namely 2011 and 2009 recently. I think early this week might change things but the closest I've come so far is 0.5C on November 06th.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A fair few frosts here as we are a prone spot, no hard frosts as yet though, coldest night to date -2.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Didnt get an air frost last night,there was some cloud floating about at times and the temp only got down to 0.6c but that was the coldest temp ive recorded so far this season.

I will surely to god get an air frost tonight though,currently clear and there has hardly been a cloud in the sky all day, temp 1.0c

Posted

Still waiting here too. We managed 0.2C earlier in the month but apart from that we haven't come close.

A small chance tonight if it remains clear and the wind keeps down. 3.5C at the moment.

Posted

Hardest frost so far min -4.8c

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still no air frost here although it was the coldest night of the Autumn so far with a min' of 0.6c, and there was a sharp air frost in the local valleys.

Posted

I made a mistake this morning, new non Davis data, the min was -1.1C if the reading is correct, would make it my first air frost since 24 March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

I've just noticed the daffodil and hyacinths have started to shoot up above the ground by a couple of cm. Hopefully a few cold  and frosty nights will stop them thinking its the end of winter!

Posted

Hardest frost so far min -4.8c

Checked back, as suspected this was the lowest reading since 23/11/13 when -7.3c, nothing below -3c last Winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

3rd frost of the Season this morning. Overnight low of -2.2c. Currently, Fog patches and we have the 4th frost- temperature at -0.7c.

Posted

Colder one still this morning min -5.2c

• Like 1

Posted

First air frost of the season was the night before last with the temperature just getting to -0.2 around sunrise.  Colder last night with a minimum of -0.7, but above freezing by daybreak as the cloud and rain arrived - if anything somewhat earlier than most forecasts were showing.

Posted

Still waiting for the first air frost here after missing out again this morning. The Min temp was 0.3C.