Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Watson W-8681-PRO

Posted

My old La Crosse weather station has decided to stop working. Rather than replace the sensors i'm thinking i may buy a new one given it is several years old (and the pc connectivity was dreadful). Sadly i cannot yet afford a Davis weather station with a budget of £200. This weather station has caught my eye for £195 (Watson 8681 pro). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand or particular weather station as i can't find much on it (i.e. reviews)?  

http://wsplc.com/watson-w-8681-pro-wireless-weather-station.html

I've noticed it is however very similar (or the same?) as the ambient ws1000, which seems to have excellent reviews.

http://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000wifi.html

Any other recommendations are welcome, thanks! 

Posted

I'm not really aware how good these are, but it looks pretty standard for a mid-range system, accuracy is +/-1C on the temperature and +/-5% on the humidity.

If you absolutely cannot afford a Davis then it should be a good solution. Agree with you on the Lacrosse kit, I couldn't get mine to work with Windows 7 via USB no matter what I tried so it had to go.

Posted

Thanks for the reply Reef. I probably can afford a davis. I've seen the vantage vue for £280 which I could get. The problem I have is all the added extras. Whereas the weather station I posted automatically updates to the Internet/computer wireless; the ip data logger for the vantage pushes it up to nearer £500 in total! Even the usb takes it to £395. Its frustrating because I've seen the vue with the ip logger for around £300 including postage costs if imported from America although im aware the frequency would be illegal.

Edited by Mark Bayley