Sign in to follow this  
mike Meehan

Thermodynamic Panels

In a continuing effort to 'Green' my house I had a 4 kilowatt solar panel system and an air to air heat for heating an 8 x 3 metre kitchen extension on the rear.

Now I am looking at the water heating and if this can be used to supplement the gas CH so much the better.

I have already had one company give an estimation but this was £6995, estimated to save £250 pa on water heating with a renewable heat incentive of some £247 but only running for 7 years. I worked out that it would probably take 21 years to draw even at current rates, though fuel inflation is likely to make this period shorter but it did seem overpriced.

On searching further came across a system of Thermodynamic Panels - these have the added attraction that they work 24/7 365 days a year to keep the domestic water supply at 55C.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of these?

You've defo blinded me with science...say again please :) does E still equal MC squared..?

Don!t be silly LOL

I agree, not a wise investment at the moment but if you look further through the blogs on the first link there are supporters by some of those who have bought and use them - I am familiar with air to air heat pumps having them installed in France and the UK and they work fine but when it is really cold supplementary heating is required.As for these I am going to watch this space - they are far too expensive at the moment but if they catch on economies of scale will bring the price down.Ideally when they come to fruition I would like to incorporate one with the gas CH/dom water system and hopefully they should qualify for the RHI.