Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible storm 'Bertha'

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

not really there was seperate smaller cell developing at the time other than Snowdonia TonyH.

Ah apologies I had assumed it was the North Wales showers you were interested in to head your way.

I've had several hours of heavy and persistent rain in Lothian (SE Scotland) and it went dark very early today. Waiting for the winds tonight to add to it all

And what with the 137mm on Fair Isle the other day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

we had a storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm Forcasting

When I thought Bertha had cleared off up North, North East flank of the country it's starts hammering it down, winds have picked up it NE Derbyshire. I'm shocked it looks like bertha is tracking south on the radar. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It may not have been ultra windy but the squall line which raced through was pretty impressive! Took some great pics at Bedford Athletic Rugby Club whilst at a dog show (I'd upload them if there was a straightforward way of doing it). Luckily the more intense hail core passed us, but we had unbelievably torrential rain, some big CGs with shotgun thunder, and large pea sized hail. Luckily no one lost a tent!

This seems to be the easiest way!

http://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/album/1591-big-berthas-bit-on-the-side-10th-aug-2014/

Edited by Norfolk Sheep
  • Like 2

Posted

Twas more like a wet fart down this way :p

Why am I not surprised that he who was previously known as Victor Meldrew would say such a thing ?!

Just out of interest why do you keep changing your username Neil ?

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

amber warnings now going up for floodwater in the rivers at effected areas.  We got few including humber.   Also our laceby water is on high alert we had so much water ground is saturated cant take much more there few areas in this situation.

link so you can check your areas risk

http://www.gaugemap.co.uk/

If Stormchaser90 right it backtracks could cause alot problems in areas already effected.

Edited by vladthemert
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm Forcasting

amber warnings now going up for floodwater in the rivers at effected areas.  We got few including humber.   Also our laceby water is on high alert we had so much water ground is saturated cant take much more there few areas in this situation. link so you can check your areas risk http://www.gaugemap.co.uk/ If Stormchaser90 right it backtracks could cause alot problems in areas already effected.

It looks like its back tracking south or what ever is left of it so yeah there will be a few swollen river banks.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nothing of any real note here yet if I lived further east it would have been a different story. Ex Bertha will be instantly forgotten here but elsewhere probably not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Ah apologies I had assumed it was the North Wales showers you were interested in to head your way.

And what with the 137mm on Fair Isle the other day!

Shetland had their wettest August day on record from the Low before Bertha too, when Fair ISle got that amount

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Here are 2 photos of one of our hazel trees that snapped due to the high winds yesterday and today.

post-21578-0-51894500-1407781752_thumb.j

post-21578-0-89527300-1407781756_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Camping in Walberswick: Friday night, before Bertha, Very Hot all night, torrential rainstorm from 1:30 am to 3 am, and poor bell tent shaken a lot. Saturday fine, hot and sunny. Sunday morning woken by Bertha starting up at about 5 am, wind got stirred up and moderate rain, so we headed into Southwold to find more fun, got to the pier in time to play on silly alternative arcade games before 60+ mph gusts caused pier to be shut. Then Huge Wall of Cloud and very hot air passed over, followed by sun and breeze, we all saw three little waterspout bases forming off the coast of Southwold, but they didn't go up into a funnel, and then later on hot back to camp to find tent had been really shaken up, lovely tent neighbour had go e around the whole camp hammering down escaping bell tents. Best fun ever Bertha, cheers! Bell tents and hurricanes are pretty good mix!

Edited by Woollymummy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Am I right in thinking it is normal if you are on the extreme right-hand side of an approaching hurricane that you would feel very hot air swept along in front of the edge of the storm? We had strong persistent warm winds before both the low pressure area on Friday night and then Bertha on Sunday morning, on the Suffolk coast.

Posted

No gusts above 30mph this month, all summer infact.