Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible storm 'Bertha'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

My friend Sarah on her way to Stockholm from Heathrow just posted these of the Squall coming through Heathrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Woooahh... Thanks for posting. (Albeit slightly jealous not to see for open eyes) Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cracking storm just passing through here! Lightning, thunder and very heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep as I alluded to earlier all action reserved for the east. Game over for the west bar a sporadic rumble or two should a shower develop.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well missed out on most of the fun here. Looking like a nice sunny afternoon coming up. Twenty or thirty miles further east and it would have been a cracker.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

My friend Sarah on her way to Stockholm from Heathrow just posted these of the Squall coming through Heathrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

angry looking stuff wish i was getting weather like that here

• Like 2

Posted

I sure hope Wembley has the roof closed for the MCFC V Arsenal game this afternoon, could be fun down there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Reporting from the N end of the squall line, which developed here from an isolated storm over Doncaster way an hour or so ago, the line has just passed through and I can still hear thunder, however, the radar shows another line of precipitation beginning to develop behind this one and the top of the first line beginning to hook around. Not sure what all this means but certainly a much more interesting day than I had anticipated!

Posted

I sure hope Wembley has the roof closed for the MCFC V Arsenal game this afternoon, could be fun down there.

the roof doesnt close

Posted

amazing that it was like a waterfall thunder still being heared like Muffelchen said not sure Muffelchen think this could mean possible tornado risk at the hook

Nah Vlad, not what I meant. It's just that the first line was hooking around and another one was forming behind it. This has not quite panned-out now but it is complicated in and around the Humber to Flamborough at the mo. Lots of lines and blobs of convection that are no longer a simple squall line. I am trying to work out how the depression centre, fronts, warm sectors, triple points etc. relate to what we are seeing but, to be honest, I can't make head nor tale of it! Suffice to say, it is more than a simple line of convection around here...

Posted

Nah Vlad, not what I meant. It's just that the first line was hooking around and another one was forming behind it. This has not quite panned-out now but it is complicated in and around the Humber to Flamborough at the mo. Lots of lines and blobs of convection that are no longer a simple squall line. I am trying to work out how the depression centre, fronts, warm sectors, triple points etc. relate to what we are seeing but, to be honest, I can't make head nor tale of it! Suffice to say, it is more than a simple line of convection around here...

sorry mis-understanding not sure then I do see winds in different directions that's what made me think.you was refering. :oops:  :sorry:

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: not fussed

G'day all -my first post :hi: -I love talking (and reading) about the weather this forum looks great! -I  live in Sunderland, just a bit dull here atm somewhat showery so the dire warnings have been  bit of a non event really  :friends:

• Like 2

Posted

sorry mis-understanding not sure then I do see winds in different directions that's what made me think.you was refering. :oops:  :sorry:

Yep, wind has been all over the place today. Was SE before the squall line, then veered to NW immediately before the thunder started, then backed SW and has since veered westerly, where it has stayed since. Safe to say there was some circulation within the band although its nature escapes me as the rain was so heavy, everything was greyed-out.

• Like 1

Posted

G'day all -my first post :hi: -I love talking (and reading) about the weather this forum looks great! -I  live in Sunderland, just a bit dull here atm somewhat showery so the dire warnings have been  bit of a non event really  :friends:

Welcome to NetWeather Mercury :-) (I have always wanted to be the first to do that!).

PS: Have you seen what's headed for the Netherlands/Belgium?  :shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: not fussed

Welcome to NetWeather Mercury :-) (I have always wanted to be the first to do that!).

PS: Have you seen what's headed for the Netherlands/Belgium?  :shok:

no I haven;t but I will check it out and thank you for the welcome !

Posted

The squall line decided to develop as soon as it passed over here so we heard thunder just to the east but remained dry and mostly sunny. Sunny breezy warm afternoon now - actually a nice summers day.

Edited by Moisty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, it has been a very windy day with wind gusts being recorded of up to 30 mph but possibly 40 mph in more exposed areas. Certainly happy with the winds today but would of loved it to have been a bit stronger and we had a lot of rain last night at currently today's rainfall being 10.2 mm. So, not a bad day but it could of been worse.

• Like 2

Posted

Yep, wind has been all over the place today. Was SE before the squall line, then veered to NW immediately before the thunder started, then backed SW and has since veered westerly, where it has stayed since. Safe to say there was some circulation within the band although its nature escapes me as the rain was so heavy, everything was greyed-out.

yep agreed seemed this may cause winds to taper a bit.   Not expert is there something trying to develop near Liverpool and Manchester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, it has been a very windy day with wind gusts being recorded of up to 30 mph but possibly 40 mph in more exposed areas. Certainly happy with the winds today but would of loved it to have been a bit stronger and we had a lot of rain last night at currently today's rainfall being 10.2 mm. So, not a bad day but it could of been worse.

Worse? As in dry & sunny and a pleasant 22°C? Like it is here? :laugh:
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Very Heavy Rain here now!!