Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible storm 'Bertha'

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

showing 988mb pressure here, still falling, was it meant to bottom out at 985?

That reading is a little low on your baromometer, 994mbar here, should be around 992mbar with you currently.

Had one rumble 15 minutes ago, still getting quite heavy showers here, about 20mm since it started yesterday evening, half of that in just 30 minutes early this morning though. Light breeze, 14c, chilly.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

All quiet up here in Darlington for now cloudy, clam and dry, though it won't last much longer the rain is getting closer

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Wind is starting to pick up a bit.I love that people write the event off before it has passed. The main rain goes through then we are in moist, mild and very unstable and windy air. That's the interesting bit.

Wind is starting to pick up a bit.I love that people write the event off before it has passed. The main rain goes through then we are in moist, mild and very unstable and windy air. That's the interesting bit.

Im in haydock for most of the day, so lets hope we both see something interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Wind has now shifted W and high winds have now come in with gusts of nearly 25 mph currently though locally 35 mph. The high winds will increase throughout the day.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks a vicious line across London rigt now, not 'drizzle' anymore! ^^

Posted

Have had quite heavy rain for the past half hour now, not even a breeze. Have a feeling this could lead a few people into a false sense of security, especially if the worst is yet to come. One thing I have enjoyed with this ex Bertha is how it has had everyone head scratching over what it will exactly do, I do enjoy weather systems where you just have to sit tight and wait to see what hits you, the brilliant forecasts that you tend to get these days does sometimes take out the anticipation and excitement of what is heading your way.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Really heavy torrential rain with gusty winds in the embedded squall line here. I just saw an amazing CG that struck not too far away. Passing through now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Looks like a comma echo down there.

post-7331-0-86775000-1407662601_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Have had quite heavy rain for the past half hour now, not even a breeze. Have a feeling this could lead a few people into a false sense of security, especially if the worst is yet to come. One thing I have enjoyed with this ex Bertha is how it has had everyone head scratching over what it will exactly do, I do enjoy weather systems where you just have to sit tight and wait to see what hits you, the brilliant forecasts that you tend to get these days does sometimes take out the anticipation and excitement of what is heading your way.

Well said ,its nice to sit in anticipation not knowing whats lurking just over the horizon ,still a non event here but action possibly brewing up with thundery showers now showing on the radar , ps welcome to Net Weather .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well looking at the forecasts I would of thought here would be in a pretty good spot for potential thunderstorms though I'm very sceptical especially as the fronts naturally bring plenty if cloud with them.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Cold front blasting through here in sarf London, with intense rainfall, one rumble of thunder so far ...

Posted

Just a typical wet day here with a strong breeze. Didn't expect that much anyway. Sadly in recent years our weather forecasts and media coverage have become americanized which then results in OTT coverage.

A classic example of this is in winter when 2 inches of snow falls in London. When I was younger such an event wouldn't even get a mention from the forecasts or media. Now 2 inches falls and all hell breaks loose. We even close schools now in anticipation of bad weather and yet in Jan 87 the school only closed for 1 day!

In summer the words Supercell, MCS, severe storms are all too frequently used, when infact we are only looking at a bog standard UK storm!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is it me or is the low further south than forecast for this time, by some 100 miles? Seems to be over Somerset on xc weather when I thought it would be mid wales. That could scupper the thundery chances for quite a few.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just a typical wet day here with a strong breeze. Didn't expect that much anyway. Sadly in recent years our weather forecasts and media coverage have become americanized which then results in OTT coverage.

Agree there TEITS..  Moderate Rain here, 13.5mm so far, With an F1 North 3.5mph average wind speed.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A classic example of this is in winter when 2 inches of snow falls in London. When I was younger such an event wouldn't even get a mention from the forecasts or media. Now 2 inches falls and all hell breaks loose. We even close schools now in anticipation of bad weather and yet in Jan 87 the school only closed for 1 day!

In summer the words Supercell, MCS, severe storms are all too frequently used, when infact we are only looking at a bog standard UK storm!

I disagree with this to be honest Dave, as over the past few summers the UK have born witness to all of the above, I myself have chased two genuine supercells this very summer. I believe the reason why those terms have been used more frequently is due to the fact that these events have been now more accurately identified, and thanks to forums like this, the terminology has more awareness than before

• Like 7