Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible storm 'Bertha'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Just had a rumble of thunder here in Cardiff. And I'm pretty sure I've just heard one in the distance.

Posted

So netw and torro have released convective warnings for today, and a secondary low does look to form today. These are a turn up for the books!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

When was the last time Estofex released such a widespread Level 2 for the UK, I wonder?

Posted

For all the attention it is getting and looking at the radar, it doesn't look a lot, IMO.

Put it this way, if you didn't know it was the remains of a hurricane and you were shown that radar, I have seen similiar radars in the past and I have seen a lot worse.

See how this pans out.

Posted

Wow, that's a serious looking forecast from Estofex, not seen anything like that before from them

Keep me posted how this plays out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Viewed the good olde wind thingy at 0610 (put an arrow of where the stronger wind seems to currently be at that time)

post-20399-0-27627600-1407649066_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Worth noting already thunderstorms in the SW, the one in the Bristol channel just SW of Swansea already looks to be developing a hook shape.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Worth noting already thunderstorms in the SW, the one in the Bristol channel just SW of Swansea already looks to be developing a hook shape.

This the "hook shape" you mentioned?post-20399-0-83318400-1407649830_thumb.g
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I would say a very interesting day ahead, especially east of here, a developing situation, the various cloud movements and breezes (and lack of) certainly of interest here this morning along with the 11mm rain in half hour recently!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Would nt mind betting there are waterspouts over the Bristol Channel right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Soo has she arrived yet? Or have we in south central and south east got off lightly?

Bit of rain I think here not much and well it is quiet as anything here. Is it all over for us here. Can I get gardening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Well the rain is very heavy here in West Malvern (started around 45 mins ago), after a fairly dryish night (only 5mm overnight).

Posted

deff a  hook forming behind Bertha looking at my rain alarm,looking like cornwall should look out  first

Posted

Anyway all quiet down here, sunny with a touch of Ac. Certain amount of rain in the early hours and a bit breezy. Currently SSW 16mph.

post-12275-0-01086100-1407652796_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Aren't we supposed to Having rain right now?It's sunny and almost clear of cloud.

It was always going to clear early in the SW, you may still get some wind and heavy showers though.

Posted

There were a few rumbles of thunder here in Swansea as the main band passed through about 6.30, but none too close. A bit of hail mixed in with the rain also I think, but wasn't really awake. Expecting the rain to stop soon and then some heavy showers through the morning, possibly thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

The clouds are whipping past - but the wind doesn't seem to match it in terms of strength. Kind of drizzly and a bit gusty here. Doesn't feel like a storm really

Posted

It was always going to clear early in the SW, you may still get some wind and heavy showers though.

It won't be very windy in Cornwall and showers maybe but not frequent.

Still here camping in Hayle, less rain in my washing up bucket from last night than overnight rainfall last week, was a bit windy, but no damage. Should I give up looking at the weather or am right in thinking the centre of this low is further south and running along over Cornwall and south coast(explaining calmer, conditions here) ?? Edit ... just looked at Sea and it looks wild, wind picked up as well as writing. Using the following for pressure ...http://www.xcweather.co.uk/