Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted

What I meant earlier by this year being 'reasonable' here is that though my count looks good on paper (for this area), the most since I started counting in 2008, many have just been a couple distant rumbles. My perception may be altered storms/downpours often missing here but being able to hear a couple distant rumbles from them so having to add them to my total.

Also any near/overhead events have been quite weak except one in June I missed (though one in July had great if infrequent lightning). It has been quite a good year though we haven't been hit by several decent/strong storms like some areas seem to have.

I've seen a bit more on storm chases which makes up for the missed stuff though not the same as a storm at home for me.

I think I've had less thunder days than 14 too as my count includes a few distant night lightning but no thunder events like in early January.

Today we've had a couple very heavy/torrential showers (they aren't missing here for once!), the second of which had quite strong winds with it which was nice to watch. Not as good cloudscapes as yesterday but more rain here. No thunder though.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thunder heard in Brum

Heard it did nt see lightning though, looked like hail shafts as it headed over Moseley and on east!

• Like 1

Posted

And the next shower comes onto Brumcam to the northwest.

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Damn. This is frustrating, again it's been dry all day here. It was yesterday and most of Sunday after the front. We seemed to have missed everything here lately. Brum cam looks good Arnie.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cheers Pantz , Tony and Polar

Means a lot to know the audios working finePosted Image

mx playerPosted Image

Next batch of showers due in from the West shortly

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 1

Posted

AP when your cam is far right is it viewing to sort of Cov/ Bedworth region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

There is some big showers here but not a crack of thunder heard here. :(

• Like 1

Posted

AP when your cam is far right is it viewing to sort of Cov/ Bedworth region?

Far right.... the best we can see is Small Heath, Stetchford, Coleshill kind of way

far left is Cradley Heath, Brierly Hill way

Unfortunatly last years refurb left the flat a little fatterPosted Image

Posted

Further rumbles in Brum to the North i think

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Again, I had another torrential downpour at work in Honiton today with strong winds but no hail this time, however home has had 2 torrential downpours today with one having strong winds associated with it.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Cheers AP, that is one mean storm over Brum!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nice little storm over Birmingham at present heading in the direction of Sutton Coldfield. Nothing in Derby again, but don't really expect anything here as wind direction is wrong (NW'ly better for Derby). I could go out and chase but considering fast storm motion and short storm lifespan I think it would be an impossible task so I will sit tight and eat food.

• Like 1

Posted

Our area is left with the drags again, time is seemingly running out fast here now, i am still very annoyed i missed the overnight storms back on july so i feel this summer hasn't delivered storm wise for me so far, however still a good month or two of potential

hopefully there will be a good opportunity to chase the last few days of August or beginning of September as i will be free then

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Can see that massive CB from the Draycote cam looking NW towards Nuneaton

http://draycotewater.co.uk/weather-info/weather-cam/

Same cloud as is NE on Brumcam but different angle!

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Looks like an interesting night ahead for us here in Limousin. Alerte orange from Météo France for thunderstorms, flooding and up to 100km/h wind gusts.

We've actually had a lovely weekend and week so far, there have been some thundery showers but we have been out in our shorts every day, and even got some lake swimming in...

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted

Radar reckons 18mm in an hour along the Tyburn Rd in Brum from that storm recently:

post-2595-0-44011100-1407865417_thumb.jp

Hope AP dont mind but I took this grab of the intense precipitation core when it was roughly over that same area:

post-2595-0-75663200-1407866346_thumb.jp

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Radar reckons 18mm in an hour along the Tyburn Rd in Brum from that storm recently:

Posted ImageINtense Brum storm 18mm one hour.JPG

Hope AP dont mind but I took this grab of the intense precipitation core when it was roughly over that same area:

Posted ImageBrumcam storm Tu 12 Aug 2014.JPG

Yeah I reckon here has had about 10mm. Some very heavy downpours for a time with big drops too.
  • Like 1

Posted

Yeah I reckon here has had about 10mm. Some very heavy downpours for a time with big drops too.

Indeed 10 to 12mm in the Stourbridge area according to the radar.

• Like 1

Posted

No problem Tony

I will put together a time lapse soon ....Just been checking brumcams coverage for some strikes....to no avail....should have caught some on my second cam which ill process later

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

think im gonna quickly go after that cell heading my way as radar hows some strikes coming from it

edit: well that was a totally wasted journey, it ended up coming right overhead, however it had also weakened significantly so there was nothing worth noting

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

One weak strike found from today and a quick timelapse of a large hailcore over B`ham

post-12214-0-93859300-1407877415_thumb.j

[http://youtu.be/WQqaYVsVNzw]

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The Euro4 only goes up until midday Thursday but it does look very lively- hopefully more lucrative for my area too.

post-15177-0-74290300-1407879256_thumb.g

• Like 1