Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Just heard thunder hope it comes this way and doesn't stay in the Bristol channel.

From that line just west of you, the thunder cell looks like skirting western Bristol

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

From that line just west of you, the thunder cell looks like skirting western Bristol

You watch it fire up as it heads into the Midlands :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just got in from morning work....nice looking Cb line to the back of the cold front moving through central England, very disturbed looking with mammatus.....I could hear sferics crackling on the van radio and presumed it was from the cold front, but looking at the radar they're coming from a trough over the south west

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

You know that Gloucester moving towards the Mids area of cells you mentioned earlier? :)Heavy shower again.

Well, wouldn't like to blow my own trumpet  :D

It hasn't happened yet though, I have just watched a band of heavy rain fizzle to drizzle as it approached Derby so anything can happen. Although, conditions more favorable this afternoon for thunderstorms so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted

Not good can see the storm can hear it but I'm sat in warm sunshine missing out:(

It kind of looks like heading my way directly..but most strikes are staying to the West over the Severn Estuary.

Posted

Not good can see the storm can hear it but I'm sat in warm sunshine missing out:(

It is good record as a thunder heard day!

Posted

And within minutes its raining and yes Chris it does look darker towards you.Edit: BIG boom overhead!

Yep can hear rumbles now - Strikes detected a few miles down the road at Aust next to the Old Severn Crossing.

Posted

Oh wow...the wind has picked up big time and I think I can see rotation in the clouds above...I am going to try get some pictures/video but is a bit difficult surrounded by tall houses.

Edit: Now hail and torrential rain, frequent lightning...constant rumbles of thunder....insane!!!

Edited by Chris K

Posted

If you live near Stroud/Gloucester sort of area...I think it is heading your way...literally non stop booms of thunder as it starts to head off. 

Edited by Chris K

Posted

Well that mass out to sea went over us earlier few flashes and couple of rumbles and some heavy rain for a while was hoping it would clear this humidity but nope still feels terribly close and humid we need a BIG storm :-)

Posted

Well that mass out to sea went over us earlier few flashes and couple of rumbles and some heavy rain for a while was hoping it would clear this humidity but nope still feels terribly close and humid we need a BIG storm :-)

Yep throwing it down now but so muggy here too.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

5 Minutes of Monsoon like rainfall with half a dozen rumbles of thunder just passed through Milton Keynes. Rainfall was insane absolute cloud burst.

Posted

Be interesting if that storm maintains inland to Gloucester and Cheltenham as it leaves the Bristol Channel environs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had a thunderstorm pass through Weston about 30-40mins ago.

Was driving along the seafront at the time, poor holidaymakers were diving for cover, the rain was epic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

might just squeeze a shower on the southern flank of that trough moving through the west country

Posted

Pokey little cell near Evesham heading Stratford way just developing..

EDIT now giving sferics

Edited by TonyH

Posted

didn't see any lightning heard 3 rumbles heavy rain for 10mins blue sky returning now.

Have a pic as the storm was passing but cant seem to upload it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

5 Minutes of Monsoon like rainfall with half a dozen rumbles of thunder just passed through Milton Keynes. Rainfall was insane absolute cloud burst.

Ah i wasn't hearing things thought i heard something here.  Gone dark and tipping it down. 

Posted

Bedford getting a soaking then!