Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted

So no thunder in Leicester yet again.. Mega heavy rain, cleared east earlier, sunshine now accompanied by some very multi-directional wind! Blowing in all directions... Showers now organising themselves for another onslaught on the Midlands perhaps a tad later (rain radar) Any chance they will electrify??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Kicking off north of Bristol again, spreading ENE. Showers over Wales are not particularly electrified. The band of rain over Yorkshire and Lincolnshire is now producing sferics. Been a great day for some, if you like storms of course, but poor over Derby.

Posted
Looks to be very little damage other than the trees - no missing roof tiles and the wheelie bins still standing up. Looks to me more like a straight line squall, but obviously eye witness reports should confirm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Holy s*** do i here distant rumbles? ITS A MIRACLE! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Looks to be very little damage other than the trees - no missing roof tiles and the wheelie bins still standing up. Looks to me more like a straight line squall, but obviously eye witness reports should confirm.

According to other reports, a tornado was confirmed. A one mile damage path, damage to cars and houses. A woman has also been taken to hospital with head injuries after being hit by a tree.

Posted

Few more hefty showers ganging up NW Wales currently. Supacell, I hope I'm proven wrong lol :)Been an interesting day, these ex-remnants sure do stir things up a notch, talk about variety.

There certainly is, however there is lack of shear now and so I think what we will see are more pulse type storms. I think my little wager is going to stay intact :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

shhhhhh you'll spoil it !!!

i did indeed, didnt here anymore rumbles after i said that LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Had a few good rumbles today and saw an anvil crawler for good measure. Got my Sunday fix thats for sure. 

I would not mind being in Frankfurt right now though, a whopper about to hit there, that one looks to have well and truly dwarfed out storms! We had a good lead though before midday!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

According to other reports, a tornado was confirmed. A one mile damage path, damage to cars and houses. A woman has also been taken to hospital with head injuries after being hit by a tree.

Those trees do resemble tornado twisted ones, funny the roofs should escape though..

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Huge cumulonimbus to the south of mk at the minute with a sheared anvil and lots of mammatus underneath

post-500-0-61469400-1407696513_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-40799000-1407696531_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-38642800-1407696546_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-79300500-1407696559_thumb.jpg

post-500-0-75308700-1407696574_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

My last hope of getting something a little bit interesting out of ex-Bertha are the showers now coming into the NW of England. It appears they are more heading NW-SE now as the LP centre moves to the east of the country, this may just bring the showers through the Cheshire gap. Some intense returns in there too, fingers are crossed.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 3

My last hope of getting something a little bit interesting out of ex-Bertha are the showers now coming into the NW of England. It appears they are more heading NW-SE now as the LP centre moves to the east of the country, this may just bring the showers through the Cheshire gap. Some intense returns in there too, fingers are crossed.

possible ,thought I saw some distant lightning about 30mins ago but nothing on detector (boltec)....

Posted

possible ,thought I saw some distant lightning about 30mins ago but nothing on detector (boltec)....

Just had torrential rain and a clap of thunder as the shower moved on. The rain was over flowing the gutters and drains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Didn't hear anything from here.

Yes, I imagine tonight and into the autumn we could well get a lot of lively showers and storms from the warm sea as we often do here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

With sea surface temps above normal, this may well have an effect further down the line or as PM air becomes more prevalent towards Autumn and beyond.Small TS Wirral area I see...

Indeed, could be another good autumn/winter for coastal thunderstorms. Was very decent in Cornwall last winter so hope to see the same again. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Heavy shower passing over at the moment. Could turn electrical at any time as it hits land I am thinking.

Posted

Garden furniture piled up in corner of patio and trees being stripped of leaves....its sure blowing out there... Plus its still pummeling it down outside... Garden thoroughly watered...

Posted

With sea surface temps above normal, this may well have an effect further down the line or as PM air becomes more prevalent towards Autumn and beyond. More frequent T&L?Small TS Wirral area I see...

Hope so then I may achieve 12/12 months thunder heard for 2014

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdSe1NVax60

Here's the video of the lightning storm on the 9th, there's some pretty nice lightning bolts and loud thunder

Edited by Utahraptor