Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Has raintoday stopped working for everyone else too?

I have a nasty feeling that squall line will break up before it gets anywhere near me.

Posted

Has raintoday stopped working for everyone else too?

I have a nasty feeling that squall line will break up before it gets anywhere near me.

Down for me too

Posted

Keeping an eye for any hooks. The southern half of the line (west of London) looks pretty distinct 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Has raintoday stopped working for everyone else too? I have a nasty feeling that squall line will break up before it gets anywhere near me.

It must be a problem with the actual site. If radar data is not coming in, it usually effects every radar site.The Netweather one is all fine & dandy.post-15177-0-91067800-1407675818_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Video of the hail, not very clear for some reason even though it was filmed in HD, will have to see if I can up a better resolution through the pc and not the iPhone. You get the idea and can see them bouncing on the grass, some were the size and looked like oval shaped glacier mints. Small frosty looking core surrounded by clear ice, most were flat shaped too with a few jagged looking ice shards thrown into the mix.

• Like 1

Posted

Keeping an eye for any hooks. The southern half of the line (west of London) looks pretty distinct 

Yes, anyone west of me keep an eye out because it really was getting its act together as it passed over here

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Qquick update to storm forecast issued last night:

*UPDATE 1300hrs 10/08/2014*

A squall line has developed along back bent occlusion moving NE across S and E England this afternoon, areas to the east can expect a brief spell of intense rainfall leading to flash flooding, damaging convective wind gusts and hail as the squall line passes through in the next few hours. There are signs of broken line segments forming along this squall line, particularly N of London - which could develop into brief supercell structures with rotating updrafts and, given backing winds ahead of front N of London, and attendent risk of a brief tornado developing.

Full forecast here: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Edited by Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Sad to say the band to the south west is no longer I think the next radar shot will show that it's dissipated totally as the skies are mostly clear in that direction. Bingo it has.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep as I alluded to earlier all action reserved for the east. Game over for the west bar a sporadic rumble or two should a shower develop.

Posted

I think the storm heading roughly towards Ely should be monitored, as it is moving slightly differently to other storms at the moment. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Am keeping my eye on shower developement in N whales that could produce some lightning,my other half is in skegness at the moment and i have just text her there is a storm on the way,i told her to get some footage on the phone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I think the storm heading roughly towards Ely should be monitored, as it is moving slightly differently to other storms at the moment.

Yup - looking a bit suspect that one (running the radar to and fro)post-15177-0-19570300-1407677163_thumb.p

Posted

Anyone West of the line, do not lose hope yet, things are now developing around Chester/Stoke area! 

Posted

It has been doing for a while - tracking NE rather than SE pretty much since Swindon. Rotation reported there so it wouldn't surprise me if it was supercellular. Time for some photos from Ely !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Lovely squall line stretching a long distance!

Lucky buggers (if you like it :p)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Wow, that was a lively storm. Thunder and lightening and an absolute deluge.

The road outside my house is like a river and water is coming up through the manhole covers.

Think it's easing off a bit now.  We worry for flooding in my village.

B.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The amount of money in football, yet they all seem so surprised when the squall line hits. You would have thought that someone would look at a radar, or even by a radar Company, with the amount of money available to them.

Calm with 5 mm of rain this morning, then sunny, now a heavy shower and gusty.

Posted

Saw  a very close CG out the window of my office looking east towards central London about 10mins ago when the squall passed through, must of hit one of the houses in the estates over the road, as the thunder was instant.

Line looks interesting N of London, with broken segments and winds backed SE before turning westerly behind back-bent occlusion bringing squall:

post-1052-0-98050800-1407677543_thumb.pn