Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted

3 times here we have taken direct hits from what i would call a proper thunderstorm, all of those 3 were something special though! Intense rain here atm, also some very loud thunder!

Where are you located mate, saw the flash and heard the incredibly loud rumble also! 

Quite close to Staveley, this is some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A flash and big crack above my house, Very heavy rain again now, Visibility is poor can not see the other side of the Valley now 19.1mm and rising fast! 

• Like 1

Posted

Flooding is inevitably happening now in Chesterfield, intense rain for at least 30 minutes and its showing no sign of stopping, this is crazy rainfall! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

thunder in darlo i have not seen any lightning though boooooooooooooooom that was a very loud one  :yahoo:

Flooding is inevitably happening now in Chesterfield, intense rain for at least 30 minutes and its showing no sign of stopping, this is crazy rainfall! 

Yes it's hardly moved in the last half hour. The cells to the west are back building as they move N or NNE (difficult to tell as they get fatter!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

thunder in darlo i have not seen any lightning though boooooooooooooooom that was a very loud one  :yahoo:

Caught 2 strikes out the corner of my eye to our north

Posted

its been disappointing in the NW of England, despite looking promising with large towers and a warm humid feel,not even heard one distant rumble,    

Posted

24mm now and still torrential rain. 

Posted

Had a heavy shower here around 2pm which gave a couple of rumbles of thunder and looks to be 

more on the way in the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Hi everyone

cought a couple of clips from the storm earlier,will post later when i take my eye off the comp lol

really heavy rain here now and getting darker,somethings going to go boom soon,i hope :D

:whistling: Stuck In The Middle With You  :whistling: 

So eerie here, light rain, incredibly dark, and thunder rumbling around. No wind at all either  :unknw:  The most surreal weather conditions I've experienced!

Edited by SjV

Posted

Massive strike just above here! 31.7mm now, The lane is running like a river!

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Well my garden is like a lake, iv never seen it flooded this bad before, not the heaviest rain iv ever witnessed, however its been going for a hell of a long time now! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

feels cooler now and we have moderate rain, game over! 

Its disappointing here too.  Maybe it suppose to come later? I hope so.

Posted

Its disappointing here too.  Maybe it suppose to come later? I hope so.

I do too, but I think we have to realise nothing thundery will happen here this evening,   I suspect the activity thats been happening to the east of manchester and into yorkshire was the main event area, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Just started to rain again here, occasional rumbles in the distance.

Posted

Where did that mass of rain in SW come from! Didn't think that was forecast! Could turn thundery as it heads NE?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en

Wow look at west France and north Spain loads of lightning!

The rain band is spreading near me may stop being electrically active soon but still looks like it dropping a lot of rain and bearly moving.

Posted

38.7mm in the last hour, Still mod rain here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just heard a rumble of thunder but didn't see anything on the lightning detector.

EDIT:another rumble to my E/SE

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

38.7mm in the last hour, Still mod rain here

That is an impressive amount! Never had that much in one hour here.

Posted

That is an impressive amount! Never had that much in one hour here.

I don't think I can ever remember Rain so Heavy last for such a long period. Heavy rain now and visibility poor again.. 

It's just relentless 

Edited by Polar Maritime