Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Quick ok-ish shot of the view to the north about 20 mins ago :)

Posted Image

16:05 radar grab looks very interesting - hoping someone with a bit more knowledge can confirm the signature of the cell nr Bradford?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Quick ok-ish shot of the view to the north about 20 mins ago :)

Posted Image

16:05 radar grab looks very interesting - hoping someone with a bit more knowledge can confirm the signature of the cell nr Bradford?

There was clear rotation in this storm. I can confirm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nice. You need to head SE towards Chatteris lol :)

Ha ha, I think I may get there a little late for that storm. Best storm currently looks to be over West Yorkshire, once my home. Signs of convergence zone over Wales and NWEngland starting to come to life, this may give us Midlanders a chance this evening. Only heard two distant rumbles from the cell near me and now looks to have moved off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Ha ha, I think I may get there a little late for that storm. Best storm currently looks to be over West Yorkshire, once my home. Signs of convergence zone over Wales and NWEngland starting to come to life, this may give us Midlanders a chance this evening. Only heard two distant rumbles from the cell near me and now looks to have moved off.

yep early stages of something starting to build to the SW of Birmingham atm
  • Like 1

Posted

More thunder here, very humid out there aswell 

Some lovely long rumbles here! Excellent stuff, just made it home in time to not get a soaking also! 

Edited by ChezWeather

More thunder here, very humid out there aswell 

Some lovely long rumbles here! Excellent stuff, just made it home in time to not get a soaking also! 

Right on your doorstep pal, just heard a couple of rumbles here too, albeit distant. Hoping it can keep it's intensity :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Gone dark again but nothing on radar. Interesting

Posted

Right on your doorstep pal, just heard a couple of rumbles here too, albeit distant. Hoping it can keep it's intensity :)

We've been spoiled here in 2014 after a few lackluster years!

Yep just caught a couple of flashes out of the window. Car is out of action once again so im stuck at home for these strorms, not bad though as they are right overhead! :p 

And i can vouch for that! its been a great year and we still have 2 months of storm season left yet! 

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted

Thunder and torrential rain here.

Yep just caught a couple of flashes out of the window. Car is out of action once again so im stuck at home for these strorms, not bad though as they are right overhead! :p

And i can vouch for that! its been a great year and we still have 2 months of storm season left yet! 

Hearing some thunder but not as active as the last storm (latest radar it looks like 'thundery rain' now). Amazingly this one will miss us too, by a couple of miles. It's been a good year here, but not great, as the direct hit count has been low compared with thunder days. The last three storms (2 today, one earlier this week) missed us by a matter of miles, unlucky, but not that unlucky!

Also worth mentioning how dark it is out there now! Quite astonishing actually :D

Edited by SjV

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just rained here at a rate of 104mm p/h, Another shower passing through now, The rain is bouncing! And the sky is Black. 12.3mm so far..

Edited by Polar Maritime

More cells backbuilding south of Bakewell now. Thunder still rumbling, not especially close though.

Right in between two thunderstorms now, bloody typical of this year haha!

Edited by SjV

Posted

Hearing some thunder but not as active as the last storm (latest radar it looks like 'thundery rain' now). Amazingly this one will miss us too, by a couple of miles. It's been a good year here, but not great, as the direct hit count has been low compared with thunder days. The last three storms (2 today, one earlier this week) missed us by a matter of miles, unlucky, but not that unlucky!

Also worth mentioning how dark it is out there now! Quite astonishing actually :D

3 times here we have taken direct hits from what i would call a proper thunderstorm, all of those 3 were something special though! Intense rain here atm, also some very loud thunder!

CG lightning around 50 metres away, I've never heard anything so loud!

Where are you located mate, saw the flash and heard the incredibly loud rumble also! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Lightning detectors not showing much lightning around now away from the northern Pennines and East Anglia, but I am not sure about its accuracy considering the reports from on here.

Nice cell just developed north of Ashbourne and sferics now showing on detectors :)

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Very dark here, Rain has eased a little, 16.5mm now. Can hear a few rumbles now..

Edited by Polar Maritime

3 times here we have taken direct hits from what i would call a proper thunderstorm, all of those 3 were something special though! Intense rain here atm, also some very loud thunder!

Where are you located mate, saw the flash and heard the incredibly loud rumble also! 

I'm hoping the intensifying cells to the SW will 'do a Bradford' as they keep intensifying and turn right a little as they trundle north :D