Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm waiting on tuesday night / wednesday morning - i know it's a very long way off but just a small chance of an early morning / night time storm.

No more showers for us methinks for the rest of the day but may get a chance to see the Persides meteor shower later (if it's still happening). Glad the showers got shared about a bit the last 24 hours. Some really good pics Pip22 wish we could have got some of those threatening skies earlier on! Looks awesome

Posted

We definitely had at least one CG that struck something very close to us......now blue skies and sunshine.

Posted

Alot of thunder in Leeds. Dunno about any lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Two strikes just south of Wigan. Looks like another cell is brewing to the south of me. I hope it comes over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

loudest thunder of the day here. An odd shotgun lightning can't be ruled out here. This one is so close.

Edited by pip22

Posted

few rumbles heard here not that loud though, from the merseyside cell earlier , and about an hour later from the manchester cell,only one flash of forked IC lighning observed,not particualy strong storms at all, but nice to have nontheless

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Decided to go out and chase earlier but got as far as East Midlands airport and decided to turn back after seeing the cell heading towards Coventry suffer a quick demise and decided the line of cells further south were out of range today. Certainly looked to have been some good storms around today though, just nothing here. Still some cells rumbling around Lancashire and the NE Pennine regions by the looks of it. 

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Nice cell still rumbling to my north northeast..sure it was rotating aswell

Pretty defined wall cloud there so I'd not be surprised to see at least a funnel..

Theres a storm approaching this region hope it can hold together.

post-5386-0-08568100-1407009233_thumb.pn

NW 5min radar.

Posted

Pretty defined wall cloud there so I'd not be surprised to see at least a funnel..

Theres a storm approaching this region hope it can hold together.

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifScreen shot 2014-08-02 at 20.51.13.png

NW 5min radar.

Some heavy rain and pretty dramatic skies associated with that cell but seems to have ran out of electricity.

Posted

Nice cell still rumbling to my north northeast..sure it was rotating aswell

frequent rumbles every 30 seconds from that for about 15 minutes then it all just stopped as quick as it came , they cant seem to keep going , very nice looking storm cloud though against the evening sky, the rain shaft was orange and brown

• Like 1

Posted

The radar return is still showing some bright echoes but I fear your right in saying the electrical element is, if not fading away. They never looked like they'd reach me here right on the coast..

Last strikes down north yorkshire around Ripon..

post-5386-0-99284500-1407011706_thumb.pn

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I had thunder and lightning from four individual cells today (but before anyone says I'm gloating, earlier in the year, thunderstorms had a habit of fizzling just before they got to my location, so it's more a case of my luck evening out over time).  The first two were quite dramatic, the third and fourth passed to the west and gave some rumbles.

• Like 1

Posted

Watching the women's road race cycling in Glasgow and it's absolutely coming down. Wonder if we might get something similair hm