Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Rather black with c-g lightning seen and thunder rumbling just to the northwest of my office in Hounslow.

Now here comes the torrential rain!

Edited by Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Christ that was LOUD!! Must be overhead in Camden now....

Much laughing in the office!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Torrential rain, thunder and lightning and very windy here in NW London! Looks like flooding is possible!

Posted

Huge cg over Hounslow looking out from my 10th floor office!

Posted

After a brief break in the clouds the sky to the east of here has darkened again and i'm hearing thunder as i type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I just left work at Heathrow. Constant lightning from different cells. Thunders here and there and oh torrential rainfall. I'm drenched...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

So refreshing for the SE (or more generally speaking the South) to be bagging the glory for once :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The storm has cleared through, but for here, it was better than anything I got from last weeks plume!

Posted

It's finished here, though there's another bank of dark clouds to my NE.

Of course it's Sod's Law that my new desk fan to keep me cool whilst I work arrived only a couple of hours before the storm!  :oops:

Edited by Hirudine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

wow, can see the anvil tops from my garden and I'm a good 50 miles west of the nearest of those storms

So refreshing for the SE (or more generally speaking the South) to be bagging the glory for once :yahoo:

indeed H!....just need to few more to fire westwards along the outflow boundaries and I might end up a happy man! 

Posted

My other half in bramley, guildford about to get absolutely clobbered me thinks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That's it, I've had enough!...I'm writing an expletive laced complaint to the met office, I mean, they forecast storms for the south east, and indeed there are storms, how dare they get it right, it's just not good enough!  :wink:  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Violent thunderstorm here in SE13 in the last hour,towering cumulonimbus over blue skies and then black as night.Torrential rain,streets flooded.Loud booming thunder,several cg forks.Baking hot again now! Perfect summer weather,and unexpected.

• Like 1

Posted

Violent thunderstorm here in SE13 in the last hour,towering cumulonimbus over blue skies and then black as night.Torrential rain,streets flooded.Loud booming thunder,several cg forks.Baking hot again now! Perfect summer weather,and unexpected.

you're in for more by the looks of things and more discrete cells/storms are starting to fire over Essex & Suffolk (not sure on my geography!).....plenty more chance for members in the south east to see more storms, and indeed for those who've so far missed out......initial area of showers/storms now tracking south westwards towards the Dorset, Hants & West Sussex coasts

• Like 2

Posted

Classic early stages of building storms. Looked about half an hour to miss us here in Crawley to our North, tantalisingly close. However in the last 10 min it's got darker and now bursts of heavy rain.