Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion 12z 21/7/14 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some very high temperatures "already" in addition to those towers 

yes, just checked the local station on the airbase, and we're up at 25.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Technically, the end of Summer is two months away (September 23rd) :DSeptember 1st is only used to keep the MO records tidy- date-wise.

Edited by ajpoolshark
removed moderated content

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Technically, the end of Summer is two months away (September 3rd)September 1st is only used to keep the MO records tidy- date-wise.

Thanks i ll make note of that but i ll stick to me own beliefs helps me cope with this weather i dont want much better.Right time to go back to work

Posted

It's not unusual to get into the low 20s up until the end of October.. so we have plenty of time to enjoy the heat.. and hopefully storms.. maybe a lightning bolt will melt your satellite  for this comment ;)

Edited by ajpoolshark
removed moderated content

Posted

we've got another 6 weeks at least and more of summery to enjoy - please enjoy it while we've got it - the autumn/winter/spring - periods are awful long and normally nasty and depressing - so enjoy the weather we have now while it's here

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Please folks - stick to the topic?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Now near Brantome, France near Bergerac, France. It's very warm and muggy. Hoping for some thunderstorms later.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Clouds starting to build to my east [im in north somerset west mendip ] also wind is picking up ,noticed some cells forming on satellite out east but nothing picked up by radar yet ,very isolated possibilitys but if its you you could enjoy an evening storm ,CHEERS .

Posted

Some convection around, a medium sized towering cumulus with a dark base just developed nearby over last half hour and passed overhead. Quite a large area of more general cloud around it too. No rain visible though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some convection around, a medium sized towering cumulus with a dark base just developed nearby over last half hour and passed overhead. Quite a large area of more general cloud around it too. No rain visible though.

yes, similar skies here......latest radar loop shows the hint of a shower developing to the south of Oxford near Didcot drifting WSW

Posted

Absolutely stifling here in burnham-on-sea.

It has reached 44 deg in my conservatory. Wind has just picked up and more clouds around now with some pretty impressive ac.

Fingers crossed ......

Posted

It's not unusual to get into the low 20s up until the end of October.. so we have plenty of time to enjoy the heat.. and hopefully storms.. maybe a lightning bolt will melt your satellite  for this comment ;)

lol melt me Satellite u nasty so n so lol

Id have loved to have read the (removed moderated content) but anyway thanks

I know some of my comments might seem like there wind ups but its not suppose to be like that.Its just i will not be forced into liking Summer weather just because others do.Im sure all the winter peeps are still in hibernation and sooner or later i ll find someone that detest the summer rubish like i do.Im my own person i like what i want and do what i want.

Any chance of some heavy showers tonight or tomorrow just 1 pretty please :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

lol melt me Satellite u nasty so n so lol

Id have loved to have read the (removed moderated content) but anyway thanks

I know some of my comments might seem like there wind ups but its not suppose to be like that.Its just i will not be forced into liking Summer weather just because others do.Im sure all the winter peeps are still in hibernation and sooner or later i ll find someone that detest the summer rubish like i do.Im my own person i like what i want and do what i want.

Any chance of some heavy showers tonight or tomorrow just 1 pretty please :yahoo:

that's all well and good, not everyone likes summer, but you're posting in the wrong thread, this is the convective discussion thread, any other discussion belongs elsewhere to be fair... :)

back on topic, things are starting to happen now as a line of convection has initiated through Gloucs/Oxon & Berkshire......be interesting if we can develop some thunderstorms from these over the next couple of hours

Posted

the morning NMM run (06z) has a sea breeze front advancing northwards from the south coast. presuming this is fairly accurate today, the seabreeze front will act as the forcing necessary to develop some thundery downpours over Hants/Dorset/W.Sussex enhancing the thread in these coastal counties

Posted

Same here, minus the thunder! 10 miles south West of Swindon so will keep my ear out

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder just heard here in swindon :) sky has gone very dark

Send it my way matey plz plz plz lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

quite a gusty wind picking up here on mendip ,action kicking off over towards swindon way ,would have thought some would catch some action ,best of luck to those lucky ones .

Posted

Now near Brantome, France near Bergerac, France. It's very warm and muggy. Hoping for some thunderstorms later.

Hope you caught the one just north of me at around 5.30 local - not much electrical activity but visually specatular growth in a matter of minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Huge thunderheads going up far far far to the south east, possibly france

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Really dark skies to my North - those showers are pushing across but don't think much will happen other than a quick sharp downpour. 

What is nice though is a sudden strong breeze has picked up...

post-15172-0-83628800-1406139052_thumb.j

• Like 1