Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2014/2015

Posted

I'm starting up a new winter thread, I know the previous one, opened around May time, was closed off because it was thought to be to early. However I think now is a reasonable time to start looking ahead to the next winter season, what with the solar cycle taking a dip and ENSO predictions firming up for autumn/winter.

Posted Image

Does anybody have any thoughts on the matter

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the stats we should be in a -QBO shear phase this DJF nearing a -QBO peak late winter, which should mean the polar vortex is less intense this winter.

Edited by ICETAB
  • Like 1

Posted

I think it would be good to have a long range prediction thread. That area of meteorology is being enhanced all the time and it will help others learn about the different factors at play.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Far to early, In any-case the Sun will soon be active again once the far side is Earth facing. Just one of many strands of Spaghetti to take into consideration. The Sun is far far more complicated than Spotless = A cold Winter..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

How about renaming to the Autumn/Winter thoughts thread?   Surely that would be allowed? :) Wasn't the Summer thread started at the beginning of April?

Edited by simshady