Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms, hate storms - post your storm related moans and groans here.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Isn't it worse to be sat in the middle of it and still get the leftovers? I'd probably be happier with wall-to-wall sunshine than pointless cloud.Anyway bored of moaning, They keep being moved!

Feel free to moan as much as you want to in this thread!

Posted

having to endure and work in  this awful heat then not have the reward of thunderstorms is hard to swallow, maybe october we will get another 

Posted

Finally, on my last night in France, I managed to crouch in a bush as everyone was rushing around packing and take this rather shoddy long exposure!post-8367-0-71057700-1406453790_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Wasn't forecast anything, but my home town got a soaking. This is typical. 

But we got a bit of rain yesterday, looked promising and it rained so hard i never noticed the floor outside was damp and the radar showed as usual, that the cloud broke up as it hit me. 

This is typical.

Guest HectorTheAwesome

I see that thunderstorms didn't really break out over the UK today - just the odd strike here and there. Looking forward to the next widespread outbreak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bog all in cloudy Bedford, but the day is young. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Bog all in cloudy Bedford, but the day is young. 

Im praying for standard rain at this point, we cant even manage drizzle let alone a storm! Perhaps if i water the garden it will get things going lol

Edit: Well it worked! chucking it down now lmao

Edited by TheToastPeople

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Bound too :) MInd you plenty of heavy showers to your SW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

This is bs, haven't even heard thunder since some time in June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Another day of quite widespread thunderstorms accross the uk, another day of sod all here. 

Posted

widespead across central and eastern parts more like  , the NW was supposed to be good area today, but just odd rumbles over manchester way, its been all about the east again

cant complain too much, had a couple of decent thunder days this year, but still not on par with the ninties

Posted

Time for a moan, Why is it southern central/eastern  england always gets the best of any potentially exciting weather , its not just thundery stuff but wind and major rain events too, and they get the best of any heat too,

want to move from the NW now , it really is a no mans land of weather voidness 

Posted

Well Bedford ain't going to be in here much longer!!

Posted

Why with every storm event in uk does some one suggest its a supercell ,getting almost as sensational as the express ,Bertha please move along and take your crap drizzle with you !!....

its yankee effect

• Like 1

Posted

Sick of the central, south and east getting all the thunderstorms as usual.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Usua storm shield was in effect here last night. We had a spell of moderate to heavy rain for a staggering 15 minutes and that was it. Even by our usual dull standards this summer has been incredibly dull here

Posted

Sick of the central, south and east getting all the thunderstorms as usual.

Not all that rosey in the garden.

Have my own micro-climate in this part of the world.

Posted

Usua storm shield was in effect here last night. We had a spell of moderate to heavy rain for a staggering 15 minutes and that was it. Even by our usual dull standards this summer has been incredibly dull here

I dont think its been dull in the lack of sunshine its been fairly sunny   , but despite the usual areas.... ie  central/ southern  eastern parts getting a decent thundery year, here in the good old NW its been rubbish, just two notable overhead storms this year,  and a few days of odd distant rumbles.  Another disappointing year , August usually delivers, but I feel the cool NWesterly setting in will quell chances,

Never mind, October was the best month last year for storms  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

I dont think its been dull in the lack of sunshine its been fairly sunny   , but despite the usual areas.... ie  central/ southern  eastern parts getting a decent thundery year, here in the good old NW its been rubbish, just two notable overhead storms this year,  and a few days of odd distant rumbles.  Another disappointing year , August usually delivers, but I feel the cool NWesterly setting in will quell chances,

Never mind, October was the best month last year for storms  :rofl:

Yeah, tbf sunshine has been pretty good for us, especially July this year. But storms or other activity....non starter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Derby doing really poor for storms in the last month. I appreciate there are those that haven't seen a storm in many months, even years, but it is still frustrating to see storms avoiding here time and again since mid-July. It is like someone has flicked a switch and turned on a storm shield... well a note to mother nature, there is no place for storm shields round these parts but I hear Germany could use one. 

Posted

Wow what a fantastic day of storms,,,,,,no not here of course !    , for the usual areas

The NW is the most boring storm starved part of  England, this year confirms this fact more than ever, its really beginning to annoy me, 

The Manchester area has  done particularly badly in what I though might be a better year with higher SST's

We need a direct warm southerly plume here for a chance of proper storms, those showers that come over in autumn and early winter from a north westerly off the irish sea  are not good enough , you might get a clap from them if you are lucky