Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What temps are your 'too hot' and 'too cold'?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

Lol! What is your house heated to in winter, then? I wouldn't want to visit it unless I had a coat and gloves on, by the sounds of it!

Mine s heated to around 15 degrees, nice and comfortable.

I hate today's weather, luckily I have been able to lay in a darkened room all day. I feel like crap.

15 is about my comfort zone and it can be as cold as you like for me just add more layers.

• Like 2

Posted

33+ would be too hot. Too cold...depends if it's snowing or not. Can't stand anything lower than 10c if it's not snowing. If it is snowing though I forget all about the temperature.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

33+ would be too hot. Too cold...depends if it's snowing or not. Can't stand anything lower than 10c if it's not snowing. If it is snowing though I forget all about the temperature.

I'm like that. I am somehow able to deal with cold temps if there is snow! Mind you, it always seems to warm up when it snows.

Posted

For me, while not exactly too hot, anything at all over 20c is pretty much pointless. What can you do when it's 30c, that you couldn't do at 20??

Never hit a cold threshold, but Glos in 81/82(?) was down below -22, and it was certainly nippy  :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Too hot.. well I enjoy extremes so I'm happy to see it get hots as it likes. But nights not dropping below 25c are too much without air con.

Summer range (maxes):

<20c - far too cool.

21c-23c - pleasant but no good in the evenings as it'll cool too fast unless its humid to keep the evening warm.

24-27c - ideal range.

28-30c - Middle of the day can be a bit much but splendid evenings if not too humid.

31-33c - Daytimes too much but evenings can be ok with low humidity.

35c+ - never really tried but suspect a little too much!

Winter 

For me it's the middle ground I hate. I've had -13c here and it felt severe - no way you're hanging around outside for long and forget cycling its lethal. But its interesting so a happy to try even colder.

2-6c is my pet hate - too mild for anything wintry but you still get all the bad bits of it not being warm enough to be pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Too hot I'd say would be about 37c with high humidity. I experienced that in China, even for a avid heat lover like me, it was very uncomfortable. 

Too cold would be under 2c. 

Edited by matty007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Too hot 25c+, too cold I haven't found yet! I once did a paper round in -10c and loved it :)

Enduring mid-40s in Oklahoma for a days on end did not give me pleasant memories, that's for sure.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted

even 25c is more than hot enough if you go out in the sun, of course if you are indoors out of the sun than you feel fine, i have two part time jobs one of them is delivering magazines and leaflets i won't be walking around for miles doing that at 2pm tomorrow i'll be doing it from 7pm till about 10pm

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

A bit of a silly question because how it feels is so much different to the actual temp,wind,humidity and cloud all play their hand.You can have a hot day and on the very tops it can be that windy you will need a jumper and -15 deg on a dead still day in December 2010 is nowhere near as cold as a cloudy-8 deg bitterly windy day of February 1986 !!!!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

22c max. There is no minimum for me, As long as there is somewhere warm to retreat to. 

We had -20c here in 2010, It was lovely.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Generally too hot 25C plus, for evenings and overnight, the times when I am at my hottest 8pm onwards

too cold? what? no such thing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Depends on the humidity. 20c to 22C very nice just right anything above that starts to get uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I greatly prefer temperatures in the 21-24C range, but I can more than handle higher. I haven't found my limit on what is tolerable (although what I enjoy is different).

Too cold? Haven't found a limit yet either. Experienced -20C in Toronto - no problem for me. Wouldn't want that every day though. -30C seems like a silly and unnecessarily cold temperature.

Edited by cheese

Posted

I'd put it into two groups really:

Sleeping/bedroom temps: (the important one)

<12C requires an upgrade from 4.5 tog

>22C uncomfortable

>~26C has potentially serious consequences

General/outdoor:

Has many more factors to consider like humidity, wind, activity, free access to cold water.

<-10C is probably the limit of comfort, considering wind chill, although working barehanded in driving rain at 5C is quite painful.

>22C in typical British conditions is uncomfortable but it realy depends on the humidity. 35C @ 20% is fine but even 25C @ 75% say would require slowing down.

With a good nights sleep I can cope with most conditions but without I don't do well.

Posted

With a good nights sleep I can cope with most conditions but without I don't do well.

A particularly fitful night's sleep just gone - I'm just messing around now until it's time to set off for work, where the heat in that place will be hellish. Oh ye I'm really lookin forward to today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

all depends on humidity and wind-chill +32c is fine in a dry heat but very uncomfortable in high humidity -30c can be ok with no wind but can literally be painful with any kind of breeze

Highest temperatures I have experienced are +40c in Dubai and +36c in Singapore with 100% humidity

Lowest Temperature is -42c in Edmonton and -50c with wind-chill again in Edmonton.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Around 24c/25c is what i find too warm for me though i suppose it depends upon humidity. If it was say around 22c and very humid well then i would find that too warm and uncomfortable.

As for minimum temps i havent experianced cold enough temps that i find too cold once im well wraped up,though i imagine temps below -30c arent much fun.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Between - 10c and  High of 29c. Sits me fine,,,,,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

In the UK in general the problem is heat more than not comes loaded with the humidity, that makes temps above 22oC worse, and difficult to shed layers to keep cool when you hit the base coat, easier to add layers to keep warmer though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Between - 10c and  High of 29c. Sits me fine,,,,,.

I find it easier to deal with low temperatures than high as you can always apply more layers and thermals to keep warm.

Lowest I've experienced was skiing one year when it was -30 in the morning and once layered up and skiing around it was quite pleasant in the cold winter sun, however depending on the humidity around about 28c in uk seems my limit or 35c on holiday.

Human body can cope with temperatures of as high as 93 c or 200f as long as the humidity is a low 10%

Posted

Personally the temperature range I hate the most is just a few degrees above freezing, that damp high humidity cold with a bit of wind that cuts through you - I find that sort of weather feels much colder than -10c (which underlines the point people have made about how different a given temperature can feel).

The highest temperature I've experienced in Highland Scotland has been around 30-32c so it can't get too hot in this part of the world. My favourite weather is pushing 20c plus and ski areas still open skiing in shorts and t-shirt and confused tourists wondering around fanning themselves completely dumbfounded by the apparent paradox ! :p

Posted

Lowest sort of temperature I enjoy is about -10C. Fantastic and invigorating. I'm not very tolerant of high temperatures, and I loathe Spanish plumes. My max really is about 22C. Higher than that and I just feel drained and lethargic.

Edited by picog
  • Like 1

Posted

Lowest sort of temperature I enjoy is about -10C. Fantastic and invigorating. I'm not very tolerant of high temperatures, and I loathe Spanish plumes. My max really is about 22C. Higher than that and I just feel drained and lethargic.

Shocking ain't it? It's only 0930 - had to go outside to see to something and the humidity is incredible, with the sun pounding down relentlessly. I'm soaking with sweat,had no kip (again) and just feel generally like death. And there's all day to get through, let alone the rest of this thoroughly miserable summer. When will we be set free? Gonna lie down and dream of Dec' 2010 before the awful reality of the day rudely and inevitably pulls me from my reverie.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold with a metre of lying snow

20 is the max I feel comfortable with ( definition of a summers day in Norway). Any hotter and I have to find a way to keep cool as I start to melt.  The humidity also has to be fairly low too. Nothing is too cold but I really dislike +2 or 3 and rain ( English winter weather).

• Like 1