Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club July 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

at least the club is well stocked.

might bring a toothbrush, nightly and towel with me next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

I am firmly in the club. Not had a storm for about a year. Hoping Friday delivers!

Posted

the storms will fizzle by the time they reach us in the  early hours of Saturday for us in the nw  ,  the most likely outcome ,  oh i cant wait for my cold band of drzzly crud with cold wind from the north  :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Another let-down. Only one day with thunder heard in Guildford in 2015 and that was from an area of heavy showers and awesome hailstorm that affected Woking (Tuesday 19th May) and missed my locality. A truly dreadful year - no snow in the winter and now another 2010 style el-crappo useless thunder-less summer. At least in 2010 the pitiful low number of thunder days and weakness of the events was offset by some decent winter weather and snow at either end of the year. 

Here's hoping the second half of 2015 will be better than the first.

Just cycled 13 miles around Guildford countryside in the dark in hope of seeing any distant lightning towards the coast. Not a thing and not even any illumination in the cloud tops when the sky started to clear as the first let-down moving north from france dies out having dumped its load over the English Channel and IOW. 

Forecast suggested over 40 mm rainfall & 62% thunder probability for this area overnight Friday - Saturday in evening forecast (something to get excited about for once), after suggesting 10~15 mm on Friday all week, downgraded to 4 mm at tea time today. Now its been downgraded to 5~10 mm again. Probably get drizzle if we're 'lucky'.

Anyway, look on the bright side, it will be Christmas in 136 days and we might have had one clap of thunder by then.   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another let-down. Only one day with thunder heard in Guildford in 2015 and that was from an area of heavy showers and awesome hailstorm that affected Woking (Tuesday 19th May) and missed my locality. A truly dreadful year - no snow in the winter and now another 2010 style el-crappo useless thunder-less summer. At least in 2010 the pitiful low number of thunder days and weakness of the events was offset by some decent winter weather and snow at either end of the year. 

Here's hoping the second half of 2015 will be better than the first.

Just cycled 13 miles around Guildford countryside in the dark in hope of seeing any distant lightning towards the coast. Not a thing and not even any illumination in the cloud tops when the sky started to clear as the first let-down moving north from france dies out having dumped its load over the English Channel and IOW. 

Forecast suggested over 40 mm rainfall & 62% thunder probability for this area overnight Friday - Saturday in evening forecast (something to get excited about for once), after suggesting 10~15 mm on Friday all week, downgraded to 4 mm at tea time today. Now its been downgraded to 5~10 mm again. Probably get drizzle if we're 'lucky'.

Anyway, look on the bright side, it will be Christmas in 136 days and we might have had one clap of thunder by then.

Lol yes it does seem that way! I'm not giving up hope for today just yet. Clouds are breaking up and there will be some hot sunshine. Not everywhere and not 15 hours of it, granted, but enough to hopefully set off something decent. Would love to see a decent dump of rain too, ground here is like concrete, horrid.

the storms will fizzle by the time they reach us in the  early hours of Saturday for us in the nw  ,  the most likely outcome ,  oh i cant wait for my cold band of drzzly crud with cold wind from the north  :angry:

You're not missing anything Ian with this warm band of drizzly crud with a cooling breeze from the south. :D

Posted

I have taken my seat on the patio, wine in hand. Look at that lovely sun!!

Edited by Dami

Posted

i foolishly belived after watching the BBC graphics that I might ...just might  see one or two very distant flashes to the south after dark as the so called thundery area of showers moved north before dying,   looks like even that was too much too ask,  

want to move to northern france 

Edited by IanR

Posted

I have dark clouds, but nothing on radar. opens another bottle *cheers*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Evening all.

Anyone remember the June/July event in 2011, (can't remember exact dates, but I think Wimbledon tennis was on at the time) where CAPE /LI's were off the scale of much of the south east / south and the atmosphere was perfect for some wild thunderstorms, however, as usual, there was high level cloud that kept everything capped and all the energy went to waste and there was a massive bust? The next day there was much less of a cap and thunderstorms were much more widespread (and weaker than was forecast for the previous day) across the south. 

That kind of reminds me of today's foul play from mother nature. 

I'm beginning to not like the French almost as much as the Germans. But I wouldn't mind living there on days like yesterday or last Friday. ;)

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I feel your pain, Eugene. It's been utter shyte today.

Got back to the office in Wolves about 12:30 and it was hazy and humid; ideal for storms one would think. Then by 13:30 a load of flat, grey clag came over and stagnated.

Since then, it's as if the weather is saying, 'I can't be fvcking bothered to do anything except be slightly damp, slightly humid, and very miserable indeed'. 

Been two years now since I've seen even a half decent thunderstorm.

Posted

just got soaked by a passing heavy shower, dark as you like. If it thundered i missed it.

I dare say when your after a bit of thunder there seems to be a sudden increase of air traffic over the area. Close your eyes and imagine..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I doubt there are many, if any, exiting members after yesterdays efforts.

tomp456, the time you are thinking of was June 2011, i believe the 28th. It was nicknamed El Gordo because storms would originate in Spain. I went out chasing that day and saw nothing. Then, as if to add insult to injury, there were huge storms the following morning directly over where I had been just 6 hours earlier.

Yesterday was similar but not quote as bad as some did get a storm, I got the remnants of one south of London and thus far no kick in the knackers as yet :-)

Posted

I have literally had sod all this year it is a rarity for my location. I reckon I'll be here for sometime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

I cant remember how long i have been in here to be honest! I got all excited yesterday afternoon in the office as we kept hearing this deep rumbling type noise... it tuned out to be the jets training for Cosford lol!

Posted

My area was in the shield all day. Murky murk no rain no nothing. and today ta-dah it has rained on/off most of the day. Looks like the day after a storm, mild and misty.

Must of missed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Whats the criteria for no storms club? I have heard two bits of thunder since September last year?

Posted

you were welcome quite a while back :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

my neighbours asked me on thursday night is it going to be thundery overnight and during friday of course i said yes all coming up from france .

I should have known better by now ,after taking down our clothes dryer in the garden some of my recording equipment from on top our shed and getting all my photo equipment set up , a real let down here ,but the same as our snow chances [we have plenty of time left ] no doubt we will be all at it again soon .

well a nice thatchers gold and some sausage baps will go down well tonight ,  :drinks:

• Like 3

Posted

pull up a bap and sit down =) beers chillin, music pumpin'