Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club July 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I'm hoping i'm not here that often this summer, i was part of the furniture at one point..

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

I am picking some new curtains and buying a nice comfy sofa for this no storms club room :laugh:  , its going to be a long term affair this year I feel,  

I have a gut feeling its going to be yet another poor year for storms here, its seems they get less year on year to the point where there might be no thunder days recorded within a 12 month window

wonder if that has actually happened before here,   not in my lifetime  ,  but the way things are going its a possibility :rolleyes:  

Posted

Might as well get a fridge and telly aswell, but only time will tell...

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

It's amazing how the number of thunder days varies year on year. 2010 for example I counted just 4 days of thunder in Basingstoke but last year had an awesome 23 days (distant flashes/rumbles included).

Still in the club for 2015 here though let's hope next week delivers with some April showers..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

*Turns the heating on*

Posted

its unprecedented for me not to hear at least one rumble of thunder before may is out,  still waiting,  nothing much in the long term to suggest a thundery spell,  like I said earlier I have a gut feeling this is going to be another poor year, but possibly even worse than I am accustomed to over the years, I know its been debated before but I think there has been some kind of climatic shift away from occasional thundery weather here to almost non existent, 2 storms last year was the lowest count ever,  then nothing after july , and nothing since,  

I have a horrible feeling the storm count this year will be just 1  , or unthinkably 0 :nonono:     

Was in here from 4th November to 5th May, exactly half a year with no thunder (albeit the winter half) fast moving but torrential thundery shower here on weds :-)

Posted

didnt the scientists say back in 90's  that warming will change our weather types and produce stronger convective type rainfall events and thunderstorms, here we are 20+ years later and at it HAS changed,  we get less ,   BIG FAIL,  never mind, we can see what happens in another twenty years  :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

And I'm oot!

Not a huge storm but definitely overhead with half a dozen flashes a rumbles and the best hail shower I've ever seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

No thunder or lightning today unfortunately - a few rain showers knocking about. Not too fussed though because it's par the course really. The good thing about living in a storm desert is that you never *expect* anything, so you aren't dissapointed as much.

Maybe something will crop up in the summer like it did last year.

Edited by cheese

Posted

for the first time that i can ever remember, i have not had any thunder by the end of may,  and looking at the forecast the start of june wont produce,  really think this is going to be the worst year EVER ,  the cooler sst's now approaching from the atlantic also make me even more pessimistic about seeing a storm this year,  

quite shocking to think we got thundery showers/ storms on a fortnightly basis back in the 80's during july august period, with the odd ones in may and june,   . this is not selective memory as I did keep records for a couple of years, maybe they were just particularly thundery years, but i seem to remember most years being the same back then

anyway , i have had a bar installed in the NSC room with all the optics :clap:  ,  and a giant smart tv, so we can log onto u tube and watch some lightning storms :laugh: , cause we aint going to get much in this parts anymore,  

Posted

I've no thunder all year, and to add to the above i'm going to get a sound system and dance the thunder out of me. oh and some disco-like lights too. :good:

Posted

Bah. *adds BBQ* to room. That will make it rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Admittedly this is an incredibly dire start to a 'storm' season. Such a dramatic contrast to last year, and even that wasn't the best year by a long shot. Quite often I'm optimistic about these kind of outlooks, in the hope of change, but this time round it feels like it could be one of them typically terrible summers. Usually by now we would have had a week, or two, of nice summery weather, but the most we've managed this year is one and a half consecutive days.

Lets keep fingers crossed for a massive flip to more promising set-ups with plumes galore and thunderstorms that go on well into the night with crawler lightning every couple of seconds.

• Like 2

Admittedly this is an incredibly dire start to a 'storm' season. Such a dramatic contrast to last year, and even that wasn't the best year by a long shot. Quite often I'm optimistic about these kind of outlooks, in the hope of change, but this time round it feels like it could be one of them typically terrible summers. Usually by now we would have had a week, or two, of nice summery weather, but the most we've managed this year is one and a half consecutive days.

Lets keep fingers crossed for a massive flip to more promising set-ups with plumes galore and thunderstorms that go on well into the night with crawler lightning every couple of seconds.

we can dream :)..
  • Like 1

Posted

well we are happily kitted out here for the non-event at the later end of the week.

sofa, telly, fridge, bbq and music.

why have thunder when you can party.... :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

now that may is almost out , I can say for the first time i can ever remember, I have not heard daytime thunder for a rolling 12 month period,   shocking senario

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning

Still nothing but distant flashes of winter lightning this year. Hopefully the plume will do something good, and if not then maybe I'll see something when I'm up in Poland...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Nothing stormy here since last year. Friday looked hopeful but recent downgrades in temperatures and CAPE/LI rule off the chance of any decent storms.

June will probably suck this year. Then again, all months this year have sucked:

No heatwaves

No snow

No storms

No 'big freeze' or 'little freeze'

No tornadoes

No exceptional windstorms

Just... Nothing!!