Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This explosion here is what we like!  

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

A couple more pictures  This part was rotating crazily A VERY close lightning strike (amazing picture, I know lol) And this one... I am so annoyed that it went wrong!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

more storms brewing either side of the english channel, plus an MCS in the making over western France that should give us a show heading towards dawn/breakfast time if it holds together

Best news I've heard all year!!

Its all starting to move NW now!

Edited by Karl83
    • Like 1
    Posted

repoer from my sister on top of westbury white horse " the lighting is %^&^%&&^£^%$ everywhere bruv can see a lot to the southeast aswell" it ended with oh crap lol

Yeah was tons of lightning in devizes from all directions for about a hour, with falk lightning across the sky 

I had to turn pc off as leccy kept going on off 

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted

more storms brewing either side of the english channel, plus an MCS in the making over western France that should give us a show heading towards dawn/breakfast time if it holds together

i better put a pot of coffee on .......and suddenly it all goes quiet and still ..horror movie style lol

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The entire main system is going to skim just to the west of here, very frustratingly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: RACY, Extratropical Storm, Barocyclonic Leaf

WE GOT A STORM! got come ICs on the camera, lightning every 5 secs or so, fantastic!

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

First rumbles here in South manchester, not sure if it will amount to anything. Dry, no lighting thus far.

• Like 2
    Posted

It's wierd they're not showing up on the lightning detector. They must all be in-cloud strikes.

It sounded quite distant from here. Let's hope there's more than the radar is showing.
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, that multicell cluster is starting to push away to the north now, lightning and thunder on the wane....eyes now down south as more elevated convection is coming ashore into Dorset with another cluster of storms developing on the Brest Peninsular.....behind that is an developing mesoscale system developing to the south of Rennes in western France

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Haven't heard a single distant rumble yet for a a few weeks but I'm still excited and restless watching the radars and reports...Please if you have a cam, upload pics and video if you can. May Thor bless you.. And me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, sunny, warm, hot, and thunder

Ugh, compared to last night's storm, tonight is a complete BORE. hopefully I'll be awoken by some storm.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

ok, that multicell cluster is starting to push away to the north now, lightning and thunder on the wane....eyes now down south as more elevated convection is coming ashore into Dorset with another cluster of storms developing on the Brest Peninsular.....behind that is an developing mesoscale system developing to the south of Rennes in western France

Are we in for a treat?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

BIG Hail in Ashford just gone through. Be warned. thought it was a freight train!!!

Posted

close encounters of the third kind for us maybe ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather

Got back in dronfield shortly after 1am, and we have a nice storm of our own now. Not as active as the southern ones but reasonably frequent lightning and lovely deep rumbles of thunder. Very misty and humid out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter. Storms in Summer

Looks like a cell erupted over Ashford! Any updates?? :p

Just going mental .... hail stopped but heavy rain and a lot of lightning......

EDIT .... Now hail again !

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Looks to be fizzling out as it hits the Midlands....I can't see tonight being as good as last night now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Haven't heard a single distant rumble yet for a a few weeks but I'm still excited and restless watching the radars and reports...Please if you have a cam, upload pics and video if you can. May Thor bless you.. And me...

I feel your pain

• Like 1
    Posted

Went from thundering and lightning with intents down pour to still and silent all of a sudden really eerie, 

Edited by Zephyr
    • Like 1