Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This explosion here is what we like!  

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

A couple more pictures  This part was rotating crazily A VERY close lightning strike (amazing picture, I know lol) And this one... I am so annoyed that it went wrong!  

Posted Images

Right, camera is set up in the spare bedroom, going to video this one! And the storm to the south /south west has intensified dramatically in the meantime.

Think something's going by close to my west at the moment. Would make sense with reports from Stourbridge. Looks like this one is heading out to Shropshire, going to give us a show first,

I am right on South East coast and this next one approaching looks huge. Making the earlier one look tame.

I have filmed the early distant build up (will upload tomorrow) but it's looking like we are in for something truly special tonight.

• Like 2

Constant rumbles now in Worcester to my south west. oh that's a loud boom!!!! no rain though and very still air, 21c and 92% humidity. The power dipped really bad then!

The West is finally seeing storms pushing in, the storms heading towards the SE are also slightly less intense, I think. Here is quite at the moment, very few distant rumbles at the moment, although I am expecting something to come quite soon.

BBC and Met Office are pessimistic on thier forecasts for thunderstorms here until at least 4pm Saturday....I can't trust thier forecasts at all anymore though to be honest. They get it wrong 90% of the time when it comes to storms. I trust my own judgements more and the opinions and reports from you on here. I think it's looking good judging by the radars but what time do you reckon it will kick off up here?

I think we may see some action around 5/6am onwards. Anyone up North got an opinion forecast of your own?

• Like 1

what can I say?....awesome, just awesome.......so much lightning and thunder.....got about 3gb of video footage to upload....no sleep for me tonight!!

• Like 8