Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Big flashes over Bournemouth way every five seconds or so now, and can hear distant thunder.

Christ. It's thunderstorms galore down south!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Just had a very short sharp burst of rain here,but all thundery activity died away a good half an hour ago!..Just hoping for more later!!

Wow, another Channel monster developing. 

• Like 2

The one over the Channel looks way more intense than the one over the SW! The SE are in for round 2 shortly...

Patiently waiting in Ealing, West London. So far nothing, but I remain ever the optimist!

Is it possible to start a fresh thread (potentially for round 2/early hours) for activity, please? This is a huge thread now :) Thanks if you can.

Manchester Airport

long-TAF: EGCC 181704Z 1818/1924 09010KT 9000 FEW045 PROB40 1818/1821 9999 BECMG 1821/1901 VRB04KT 9999 TEMPO 1903/1924 7000 SHRA PROB40 TEMPO 1904/1921 4000 +SHRA +TSGR BKN014 BKN040CB

in short....heavy rain showers and heavy thunderstorm hail

Well I'm a happy chappy wasn't the greatest storm but it was a storm so Yippeeeeeee.

• Like 1

Channel is now firing along with the french system.

Round 2 ever so soon.

been a pleasure sitting with you guys and gals tonight..its been a long time coming for the southwest :) now i open the cider

• Like 1

The line of storms going back deep into France is incredible. All heading our way too!

post-7073-0-13718200-1405729792_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Linxus...Yes..Indeed..Looking better. I was geared up for photos but not in this rain, which as you see, is very heavy now. Back to the window Lol

Edited by JohnC

6-8 lightning bolts in the southern distance about an hour ago here, few spots of rain. Still absolutely sweating my conkers off on the walk home from the pub. 

What do we think fellow west midlanders? Main band looks to be edging west of here? Let's hope things fire on the eastern side.

Burst of VERY heavy rain and a few loud bangs and fireworks. regular lightning to the West of me and audible thunder, looks like it'll be a potentially long night!

The MCS behind this intense line of thunderstorms is now turning NW in response to the change in steering winds. Could be a night to remember (if not already!) for many parts of Southern England.

Edited by sn0wman
  • Like 1

That storm has died as soon as it got towards Sheffield...

Cell just went over hear seen a few forks hit and then the sky lit up green for a few seconds? Has anyone seen this and know what it might of been? Seems even more humid also now! There is no way I could sleep atm due to it being so humid the air feels proper thick! 

Nothing in prospect for here, but I've definitely enjoyed the posting tonight, great atmosphere on here, although I can only imagine what it must feel like to have those storms coming my way. 

I think I'll call it a night, with no storms due up this way, although whether I can peel myself away from the computer with the storms taking shape in the south is an entirely different prospect!

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1