Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This explosion here is what we like!  

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

A couple more pictures  This part was rotating crazily A VERY close lightning strike (amazing picture, I know lol) And this one... I am so annoyed that it went wrong!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Still not a sausage in Denby,Derbyshire!!.Edit at last my first flash and crash!!.At last to my SW.

Posted

5 good flashes so far with pretty loud thunder.....just amazed how quickly it developed...I was sat in the back garden with a cheeky cigarette scanning the skies for signs of lightning, and saw the faintest of flickers far to my south, then crash, bang, wallop....nearly fell out of my chair in shock and the mad scramble to get camcorder out!..........just popped inside now to check the radar, and it's all going off, big time plume destablization!.....storms firing in many places in the south with big, big storms firing over France heading our way!

Was it like the ""You're gonna need a bigger boat- Jaws scene?" ahah

Edited by Robbie Garrett
    • Like 3
    Posted

Just seen 3 cracking CG strikes far off in the distance, some intermittent faint flashing and 2 bright flashes through my bedroom window. Would these be the storms breaking out over Birmingham area I can see??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Convective rain shower here, large droplets! Shows how unstable the air is atm, hopefully it can develop further..

Posted

Its here :)

Ha ha .... nice one.

You do quite well over in Sutton for the storms don't you. Remember watching the big one. Was it last year?? Anyway, viewed from near here and the lightning looked spectacular

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Estofex has a level 2 out for Kent and East Anglia tomorrow!http://www.estofex.org/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

5 good flashes so far with pretty loud thunder.....just amazed how quickly it developed...I was sat in the back garden with a cheeky cigarette scanning the skies for signs of lightning, and saw the faintest of flickers far to my south, then crash, bang, wallop....nearly fell out of my chair in shock and the mad scramble to get camcorder out!..........just popped inside now to check the radar, and it's all going off, big time plume destablization!.....storms firing in many places in the south with big, big storms firing over France heading our way!

Yeah, this is a very big chunk we have now of potential storms for the next 24 hours. Loads yet to come tonight and could last all till about 7am ish. Then Meto plastering the thunderstorm symbols over us tomorrow afternoon!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lol it was pretty lively in my part of Essex for a good 2 hours!

Same, twas like end of the world stuff as it approached haha

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some cracking IC flashes here!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Was it like the ""You're gonna need a bigger boat- Jaws scene?" ahah

I couldn't have put it better myself Robbie!  :laugh:

it's quietened down again now, rain eased, so I'll pop outside to do some more spotting

• Like 1
    Posted

Proper booming thunder, made me jump out of my skin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: RACY, Extratropical Storm, Barocyclonic Leaf

No way that what i'm seeing is down Birmingham way, these IC flashes are too near and bright unless cloud tops really are 40kft. Had a flash a few secs ago that looked like it could have been around Stoke in realistic terms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Seeing bright flashes lighting up the sky to the south west now. No audible thunder though.

Posted

Bournemouth Cam showing quite a bit of lightning, and as i'm typing, can here thunder outside here in Chesterfield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Estofex

If diurnal heating and/or the lift impulse by outflow boundaries suffice to break the capping inversion in these regions, particularly well-organized supercells could spawn a few tornadoes, possibly even including a strong one.

• Like 2
    Posted

Ha ha .... nice one. You do quite well over in Sutton for the storms don't you. Remember watching the big one. Was it last year?? Anyway, viewed from near here and the lightning looked spectacular

yes we do fairly well :) last year we had a decent few but this year has been the most frequent for some time
    Posted

No way that what i'm seeing is down Birmingham way, these IC flashes are too near and bright unless cloud tops really are 40kft. Had a flash a few secs ago that looked like it could have been around Stoke in realistic terms.

I assure you SN, there is absolutely NOTHING happening in the Stoke area lol!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ...... failing that, Spring Warmth.

Any chance of it getting going like lat night?

post-12495-0-64019200-1405666061_thumb.j
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

Grrr as with last night and every other night it all goes either side. Weymouth band has a definite NNE movement, even the rain is missing us!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

I've virtually given up here in East Anglia. Had a few flashes and distant rumbling at 10PM and nothing since. 

Think tomorrow (or today) morning and into the afternoon is our best chance in the South East. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Must be very loud thunder over the SW, I can hear it and im 50-60miles away!