Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Can see the lightning all the way from Cardiff!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Ah so you're complaining that you didn't get a storm not that it fizzled out as soon as it hit the channel. Right.

Not sure how you get that from my post..?

I really don't get the the hostility, all I'm saying is that the MCS decayed rather than continue to feed itself, a quick look at the radar to see that its currently a band of drizzle over Suffolk will confirm that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Confirming flashes of lightning from the south.

Posted

I'm lucky Karl as I finished work early and got a few hours sleep earliar so I'm wide awake just need it to go bang.

Don't think it will be long to be honest can see strikes to my south now as well as new strikes to my south east, and getting more frequent. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

True. Last night was madness for an hour or so with the various lightning strikes At present, back in Chesterfield, there are distant flashes looking southwards at the moment

i'm constantly looking south but as yet have seen nothing.must be all this light pollution and being stuck in a valley!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Just had a couple of decent bright flashes a few miles north east of Worcester and distant thunder....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Tired and depressed, now watch London get the storm of the decade while I'm drifting asleep oblivious to the outside world :wallbash: saturday is looking good which is today) - tonight was a let down. Saturday is set to be the climax I hope it does the hype/expectation justice.

Looks as though if we do get more it'll be a couple of hours - I've set my alarm for 2:30, will have a peek then decide whether to set one a bit later...suggest you do the same. Don't rely on waking up!!! Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely deep rumbles here now and occasional flickers of Lightning. Loads building out over the IOW area now all heading right this way!  :D

Posted

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

Posted

Lightning lighting up the room, very bright white forks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Don't think it will be long to be honest can see strikes to my south now as well as new strikes to my south east, and getting more frequent.

yes guys, just checked radar and blimey, what a development!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Very deep rumble of thunder here, the kind that vibrates the walls.... oh what to do, do i go to sleep with my phone going crazy as the cell moves north to Birmingham then wake up if and when things kick off in a couple of few hours or just stay up all night. Really want to be out the house by 8am to get into a good chase position near Swindon on the M4.

• Like 1

Posted

i'm constantly looking south but as yet have seen nothing.must be all this light pollution and being stuck in a valley!!

Flashes every 2 minutes considering they are around 18 miles away - South of Mansfield way

The only view point without obstruction is South from ours.

Posted

Lots of flashing to my south, similar to yesterday, however, this time I do hear faint thunder, come on!

Posted

Want to get some sleep but can't take my eyes off blitzortung lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

5 good flashes so far with pretty loud thunder.....just amazed how quickly it developed...I was sat in the back garden with a cheeky cigarette scanning the skies for signs of lightning, and saw the faintest of flickers far to my south, then crash, bang, wallop....nearly fell out of my chair in shock and the mad scramble to get camcorder out!..........just popped inside now to check the radar, and it's all going off, big time plume destablization!.....storms firing in many places in the south with big, big storms firing over France heading our way!

• Like 2

Posted

Flashes every 2 minutes considering they are around 18 miles away - South of Mansfield way The only view point without obstruction is South from ours.

Its here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Anything could fire up anywhere atm! Tomorrow looking good for potential supercells !! This is far from over yet ! People, keep faith ! We've seen the unthinkable MCS just decide to come up from Rouen area ! We're in a different phase now!

Apologies as I'm a bit drunk !!

• Like 6

Posted

Lots of flashing to my south, similar to yesterday, however, this time I do hear faint thunder, come on!

yes guys, just checked radar and blimey, what a development!

It is getting its game face on, thunder much louder and lighting appearing to come closer and closer. Another hour and I think we will be happy campers or very tried! :-) Edited by smiles
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Currently sitting in the garden, watching the storm pass to my east, not west...confused myself for a minute lol