Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Could they be rain shafts?

I thought that but i saw them develop on the webcam and they looked very suspiciously like two funnels.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This explosion here is what we like!  

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

A couple more pictures  This part was rotating crazily A VERY close lightning strike (amazing picture, I know lol) And this one... I am so annoyed that it went wrong!  

Posted Images

Hellboy, on 18 Jul 2014 - 19:57, said:

Is that radar predicting ahead? (Bit confused of the times show)If so it looks like the western flank intensifies as it hits land? Could be great for E Sussex and Kent. I may be too far west for anything too good.

It's standard UTC time.

have just missed the bbc forecast, and the met office website has not even been close to what we had today, is there a good chance of a storm here tonight, if so it might cut my night down the pub short as wife hates storms

sparky1972, on 18 Jul 2014 - 20:01, said:

have just missed the bbc forecast, and the met office website has not even been close to what we had today, is there a good chance of a storm here tonight, if so it might cut my night down the pub short as wife hates storms

Met Office has lightning symbols all over the place tomorrow afternoon.

Agreed, way way wrong. Radar will be nothing like what they have shown, what just an hr or so a go! Do they even check the radar images? 

post-7255-0-17520800-1405710325_thumb.jp

• Like 2

The heat here is insane...still 29C, tremendous heat!! Sky going dark to my south with AcCas flooding in.

In fairness to the BBC, their forecasts today did specifically say "don't take too much notice of this map, as it's very unpredictable".

• Like 4

In fairness to the BBC, their forecasts today did specifically say "don't take too much notice of this map, as it's very unpredictable".

Give me the old rain graphics and lightning symbols any day!

• Like 4