Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

At the risk of saying I told you so ;)  Overcast with drizzle here as expected - the usual left over southern rubbish has effectively ruined what could have been a lovely summer's day.

well you are so right, the chances are gone from here for today, no heat, feeling chilly in the breeze, no sign of any sunshine, no humidity, just low cloud and dank skys

Edited by sparky1972
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all. Great storm last night, best night storm we've had in a long time.

Currently travelling up the M1 to MK, and to the East it's sunny, but off to the West, there's a line of storms and it's very dark with a nice few lightning strikes being seen from the Motorway :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Some lovely looking castle anus building in Brighton already this morning - no doubt those further north will be licking their lips - as this will be their storm in an hour!

Sure enough, the storms are forming! However a clear slot coming over Brighton now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

well you are so right, the chances are gone from here for today, no heat, feeling chilly in the breeze, no sign of any sunshine, no humidity, just low cloud and dank skys

We'll just have to smile through gritted teeth and congratulate everyone else  :nonono:

Posted

We'll just have to smile through gritted teeth and congratulate everyone else  :nonono:

i will try, lol.  fair play to those who do see storms, and i hope everyone stays safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had round 2 at 5.10am this morning around 10 booms, the wind picked up and a bit of rain and then the thunder just died so I am expecting i didn't get a direct hit. Looking out the kitchen window, it looks like round 3 is on it's way...

Posted

Photos from Portsdown

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10494505_10203725530355807_2083987674190069057_o.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10329938_10203725529675790_7675833410491720851_o.jpg   (@ the Armouries - hence the subtle GUN)

That might load for you, Portsdown last night, not the best.

Edited by sendandreturn
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Thunder! To my south-east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Loving this classic thundery sky!! Tonight looks like the main event, as well as tomorrow! >3000j/kg and -10LI, since when has my house been in Oklahoma?!? :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I've got some photos to share with you guys later today - Got some really good ones.

I would also like everyone to pray for Bristol tonight to get a direct hit! :-)

Edited by Karl83
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

I wasn't expecting anything here today only the threat of it overnight.

Posted

Hopefully I wont need to chase tonight as I didn't need to in the end last night amazing thunder and lightning.

I've got some photos to share with you guys later today - Got some really good ones.

I would also like everyone to pray for Bristol tonight to get a direct hit! :-)

Last night was good I got very close to my location at one point, hadn't felt that excited about a storm In a long time.

Edited by tomjwlx
  • Like 1

Posted

V V Cloudy here now in South Hamps...will the amount of moisture/evaporation affect things here today, I guess the unstable airmass's, cells etc are on their way, but here it is fairly cool atm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Holy Moly not had a night around these parts since the late 1980's - early 1990's. Had two very large high based thunderstorms overnight, first one just before 3am and the second around 5am, now have thunderstorms approaching once more. One to my west / north west and a stonker moving northwards from the Luton area. I'm knackered been up watching half the night.  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Loads of Thunder & Lightening in Hemel Hempstead, so the missus says - she's a schoolteacher and the kids are screaming apparently!!

Edited by Buzzard

Posted

So who reckons some home grown storms may develop through the day?

Clouds breaking nicely now with some warm sunshine breaking through! So I wouldn't be suprised if something did develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Holy Moly not had a night around these parts since the late 1980's - early 1990's. Had two very large high based thunderstorms overnight, first one just before 3am and the second around 5am, now have thunderstorms approaching once more. One to my west / north west and a stonker moving northwards from the Luton area. I'm knackered been up watching half the night.  :yahoo:

Great wasn't it. Here in LB, I saw one hit an electricity pylon anout 500m away! Could see it in my eyes for 10 mins after it happened! Sadly missing the fun as I'm in London working, more storms in the area...

Posted

Loving this classic thundery sky!! Tonight looks like the main event, as well as tomorrow! >3000j/kg and -10LI, since when has my house been in Oklahoma?!? :rofl:

well if you could send the storms this way to that would be great lol not looking great here, still dank and cloudy although the strong breeze has died down a bit, and now raining again, booo

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Was woke at around 2am to one hell of a light show, reminded me of the late 80's early 90 storms that would roll through in the night. And now round two, near constant thunder and a few flashes of Lightning! the rain is really coming down now.

Is there more to come tonight/tomorrow or has it arrived early?

Current temperature is 20c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

well if you could send the storms this way to that would be great lol not looking great here, still dank and cloudy although the strong breeze has died down a bit, and now raining again, booo

It's not bad for autumn, really it isn't. Just trying to be positive about the futility of it all....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Am inbetween two cells atm, the one heading my way is producing cloud to cloud and loud thunder and other in front of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I truly think we have entered a different phase of weather (reverted back to more old school style). I was saying it in winter that if we had a mild winter and the sea temps kept up (i.e. +NAO +AO), it would correlate to more plumes making it. 

This happening now looks like proof upon my hypothesis! Although this may well be only one of numerous factors!

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 3