Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

didnt we just have one of them !!

Nope, I wouldn't class that as a proper bow echo. Just a thundery trough that was more Eastward than initially projected! A bow echo is much much worse!

Posted

One of the best Elevated Storms I can remember here in SE Essex hit at 3am, rudely woke me up but these were worth it.

Bring on tonight!

Posted Image040.JPG

Posted Image038.JPG

The last few literally were hitting a few hundred yards away so even I retreated to the Kitchen whilst the bad boys were striking!

Paul S

another one on way paul, got mammatus clouds ahead of next one.. and a strong wind, lightning getting more frequent.

Nope, I wouldn't class that as a proper bow echo. Just a thundery trough that was more Eastward than initially projected! A bow echo is much much worse!

bring it!!

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for the heads up Nanu, saw those on radar, hoping these clear off today though so we can get that heat building for tonights Main Course!

Posted

Another thunderstorm just passing through Aylesbury Buckinghamshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice little second storm of the night passing by to the W, less active than the big one earlier but still, 2 storms in one night is nothing to complain about! Hopefully today will be roasting hot tho has cooled down here a lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looking at the forecast, there was a tail line of showers forecast to hit most of England, it just ended up a lot more potent than expected. The main thrust according to radar did in fact hit its intended location (Ireland).

Certainly hoping that this stuff clears away soon as we have a forecast maximum of 32C today. Haven't experienced this in a long time as I was in Great Yarmouth last summer and missed out on the heat.

Well if the GFS is right then Saturday looks every bit as hot as today again judging by the 00z output.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Heads up guys.. round 2 is getting very vicious!!.. im logging off, its that bad now

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the forecast, there was a tail line of showers forecast to hit most of England, it just ended up a lot more potent than expected. The main thrust according to radar did in fact hit its intended location (Ireland).

Certainly hoping that this stuff clears away soon as we have a forecast maximum of 32C today. Haven't experienced this in a long time as I was in Great Yarmouth last summer and missed out on the heat.

Well if the GFS is right then Saturday looks every bit as hot as today again judging by the 00z output.

Nice Estofex forcast for tomorrow CS :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Another storm here in NW London, feels like I've moved to Lincolnshire for the night!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Huge strike here in bracknell about 30 mins ago. What sounds like the alarms at broadmoor have been wailing ever since. Interesting wake up call . Lol.

Yep I'm here too, getting quite annoying now! Especially as my hotel doesn't serve breakfast until 6:30!

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Thunderstorms really are like buses it would seem,another spectaculer storm just passed over.Shotgun thunder this time,spectaculer cloudscapes as dawn comes,the sky looks tropical with convective parcels everywhere.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The Front more active in the east than forecast the gap as per normal has Sheffield in it's view finder. Just played the radar played back and a storm once on it's way but fizzled out not long ago.

Posted

Judging by the Meto forecast it looks good for tonight here so with no work tomorrow I can stay up and hope something happens.

Fingers crossed.

Posted

Woken up at 03.30 to a huge thunderstorm, and the next one is incoming. And I don't like them. Wow bright flash & shotgun thunder. Sky to the front of the house dark and horrible, but at the back the sky is a vivid red colour. Strange. And now someone's house/car alarm has been set off! Fun day ahead!

Edited by Moore1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I realise that the storms further east were a bonus and well done to those who got them but for me it was a complete waste of time staying up for a good portion of the night. Still, to try and be positive about it, at least I got to enjoy the anticipation even if the end result was a damp squib here. Also, some great pictures/videos plus webcams to watch so not a total waste I guess. I am still fairly excited about tonight but seeing how quickly a fully formed line of storms can disintegrate when approaching Derby has left me feeling a bit nervous now.

On the plus side there is not much residual cloud this morning so the sun should start getting those temperatures rising from the word go this morning.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Haven't been to sleep yet, brilliant storm early this morning with plenty of lightning. Just had another storm close by. another one on the horizon lol! Well happy with the start of this spanish plume i hope it continues to deliver!!

Posted

Look set to get moderate rain here, which I expected. I just hope it clears so it gets hot as 28C is forecast. there is a strong breeze and doesn't really feel particularly warm or muggy this morning.

Estofex seems to think the SE is the place to be today and tonight with most of the rest of the country with only a risk of lightning.

I have a sneaking suspicion the main event will come in through C/S England and head north, but east of the Pennines.

Edited by Darren Bown
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Look set to get moderate rain here, which I expected. I just hope it clears so it gets hot as 28C is forecast. there is a strong breeze and doesn't really feel particularly warm or muggy this morning.

Was hoping for a little more excitement up here but I feared that the storms would be drained of energy on their way here, and they are :( Nothing forecast until tomorrow if nothing comes from this rain. Actually a chilly breeze out there for me, not warm or muggy at all hereSpoke too soon! Loud bang of thunder I'm sure I've just heard. Sounded like a positive clap carried along on the strong wind. Didn't rumble for long, more a powerful sharp bang that lasted 3 or so seconds! Interesting! Edited by Convective
  • Like 1