Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Large hail here! Really big hailstones

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This is awesome, storms pushing north now but it's just constant lightning - must be flashing every 5-6 seconds or so...if this is the aperitif then what's the main course :yahoo:

Humidity shooting up now that's for sure!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looks like the IOW is brewing another! Can see flashes to my south...

Yes nice lightning again here https://www.spinlock.co.uk/en-us/pages/webcam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

This is awesome, storms pushing north now but it's just constant lightning - must be flashing every 5-6 seconds or so...if this is the aperitif then what's the main course :yahoo:Humidity shooting up now that's for sure!!!

You have the one I was out chasing Its a good'n!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Well... Noticed Flashes to the South at approx. 1:45AM, then the storm pushed directly over my area (S'ford) at around 02:45AM, bought very loud thunder, and several flashes of fork lightning too, countless amount of flashes at one point. Storm moving northwards but still seeing very obvious distant strikes, probably staying up a little longer, but the storm is

now dying out.

Not seeing many strikes anymore, might aswell get some sleep. Hope for a repeat or better on Saturday!! :clap:

Useful Lightning Tracker - http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Edited by Cumulonimbus123
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Where to start? That storm was honestly the best I've ever witnessed. Cannot remember a storm with more lightning flashes ever, than that. The lightning from this makes the storm I witnessed in Phoenix, Arizona back in 2008 absolutely tame. Must've seen over 1,000 flashes tonight. You know, if I was to be the biggest moaner ever, I'd highlight the fact that funnily enough, where I was situated actually was sandwiched between two different cells! Most of the lightning tonight was to the west and north-west, whilst the second part of the storm there was ample lightning East of here too, towards London way. 

Nothing is perfect though, and I got some footage. That was still truly immense. Lightning every second, literally. 

Edited by UKSupercell
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Lightning seen to the south.

• Like 1

Posted

Btw, thought I'd give a round of applause to the BBC and Alex Deakin who called this bang on (pardon the punne) earlier tonight...pretty much every other forecast had all this the reserve of further west...must offer the credit where it's due :D

Where to start? That storm was honestly the best I've ever witnessed. Cannot remember a storm with more lightning flashes ever, than that. The lightning from this makes the storm I witnessed in Phoenix, Arizona back in 2008 absolutely tame. Must've seen over 1,000 flashes tonight. You know, if I was to be the biggest moaner ever, I'd highlight the fact that funnily enough, where I was situated actually was sandwiched between two different cells! Most of the lightning tonight was to the west and north-west, whilst the second part of the storm there was ample lightning East of here too, towards London way.  Nothing is perfect though, and I got some footage. That was still truly immense. Lightning every second, literally.

Concur 100% - takes some beating I can tell you - still flashing and rumbling like never before...I just hope there aren't many who have slept through this!!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow, best nighttime storm for years! Impressive strike rate of every 2-3 seconds for much of the storm, some beautiful forks seen. It's still flashing to my N and E and looks like new storms breaking out to the SW!

• Like 2

Posted

Right I have to go to bed - early meeting tomorrow and I need energy if tomorrow could be a repeat of tonight (or even more electrifying than this)

Enjoy all :D

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a corker of a storm pass through Aylesbury Bucks.

That storm was AMAZING! There seems to be more developing to the south too!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Dying off here in Greenhithe, for a "taster" that was great! Like a rave in my garden that lightshow! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Looks like the storm to the West has worn itself out so suddenly. Storm over London still going strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Some severe weather over S Wales on latest radar. Cell near Hereford looks interesting on the 3.15 radar image.

Posted

Thunder's more distant now, with the occasional louder retort, and the lightning is far enough to the NE that I can see only the flashes of light, but there were some pretty epic cloud to cloud forks. I must admit I let out a "squee" every time- good thing the neighbours are all in bed!

My other half has slept through the whole thing, further cementing my claim that he could sleep through world war three.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Rather loud and flashy storm arriving in south London, going to be a cracker!

West of London, NW London, East London,  pretty much most of London really! How many times did I just mention London in one post! :doh:

A stunning affair around me. That storm to my SE is bonkers. Must be over Bromley/Swanley way.Pink fork lightning too.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some severe weather over S Wales on latest radar. Cell near Hereford looks interesting on the 3.15 radar image.

Yes that area of thunderstorms less organised but some large hail and strong wind gusts in that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some pics of the storm

post-18410-0-24167300-1405650742_thumb.j

post-18410-0-02791500-1405650782_thumb.j

post-18410-0-74585900-1405650805_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Midlands stuff is dying off it seems, oh well, onwards to tonight and saturday!

Well done to folk further south, some great pics coming in x