Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

I finished work just after 10pm and missed the little thunderstorm we had in Exeter, it's calm outside now and humid.

That's the third thunderstorm I've missed, the first two times I was asleep and now this one....working all day tomorrow and all afternoon til 10pm Saturday, what's the betting! Argh hopefully Saturday morning there's something down here

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This explosion here is what we like!  

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

A couple more pictures  This part was rotating crazily A VERY close lightning strike (amazing picture, I know lol) And this one... I am so annoyed that it went wrong!  

Posted Images

Just had an intense but brief 'chubby rain' spell. Very warm here still, 22 degrees at least. Seems the current outlook will miss us but we shall see what develops. X

:shok: Whatever floats your boat. 

Good to see things kicking off in the SW tonight.

• Like 2

Just catching up on the day's (week's?) activities. Radar looking interesting, can't rule out a Portsdown visit especially as no work tomorrow. :wink:Popped outside just to cool down, muggy is not the word. Sweaty is the word. :laugh:

come up though its not mental yet Edited by sendandreturn
  • Like 2

Just had an intense but brief 'chubby rain' spell. Very warm here still, 22 degrees at least. Seems the current outlook will miss us but we shall see what develops. X

I know how you feel. I'm in b-o-s, saw about 5 distant but very bright flashes about an hour ago no thunder. 2 hours ago I was sat on the beech watching the beautiful sunset to my right and the lightening over the quantocks to my left was amazing

Hmm nice, SE may see some by the looks of it in a few hours poss.

Where from ? The Cherbourg Area ? Those Storms are Surface Based so doubt they will cross the channel in 1 piece, might be a few grumbles along the south coast but would not expect much in the SE Tonight, we need the Plume to destabilise tomorrow evening and the release of the ML Cape.

LOL Just been blinded by the train going by! LOL. Wondered what it was :-o

Haha not just me then :D
  • Like 1

LOL Just been blinded by the train going by! LOL. Wondered what it was :-o

Had that here too with the sound going but I was watching another tab. I thought what the hell is that noise haha.

• Like 1

The storm is not even here and I'm witnessing the best lightning since 2005, first CG in 9 years too- this side of the Purbeck hill. What a display! I am wetting Mapantz.

• Like 8