Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This explosion here is what we like!  

New strikes appearing in the channel peeps ahead of MCS 2 - active very quickly too

A couple more pictures  This part was rotating crazily A VERY close lightning strike (amazing picture, I know lol) And this one... I am so annoyed that it went wrong!  

Posted Images

and i would like to know why people find storms so fascinating.  surely the right place to ask?

Simple answer, as humans we strive for something different, storms are not a common weather feature for the UK, so thats why we find them so fascinating.

• Like 2

On the verge of going up Portsdown, reckon it's worth it, might I see the tops of the Cherbourg stuff?

I would. Amazing watching the storms up there. Get me a Burger while you are up there !!!!

• Like 1

What app did you have to take them pics trying to find a good one for my I phone

I just filmed it and then carefully brought the video to the point where there was lightning, then screenshot it.

and i would like to know why people find storms so fascinating.  surely the right place to ask?

Seeing as I am not experiencing or expecting any thunderstorms at the moment I have time to reply.....................why are storms fascinating? well for me it's the pure joy of seeing nature at it's best, or worse according to each individual, the science and power of storms intrigue me, be them thunder storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, snow storms or just good old normal storms. You can't beat them, oh and I love heat waves too

• Like 1

A big if? That's enough for me I think off to bed enjoy your storms guys.

I'm liking the developments off the Jurassic coastline a little more.Better aligned to hit our area if it keeps spawning. After midnight though, like I said.

Likely to change but the skew-t for Norfolk at 18.00 on Saturday looks good and showing potential of an elevated nature.

Cape 1200j/kg and -6li. Nice to see even though there is a chance of a downgrade before the event.

And you believe it?

1600 and -7 by the time it goes slightly further North (I live in hope)

What app did you have to take them pics trying to find a good one for my I phone

Ahhh, if you used Android, there's 'Lightning Camera'  effectively does a 4 second loop of video.

Works well

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 2

Seeing as I am not experiencing or expecting any thunderstorms at the moment I have time to reply.....................why are storms fascinating? well for me it's the pure joy of seeing nature at it's best, or worse according to each individual, the science and power of storms intrigue me, be them thunder storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, snow storms or just good old normal storms. You can't beat them, oh and I love heat waves too

i love extreme weather as well.  

perhaps i'm being niave but as we live in a very wet climate the last thing i look for in summer is storms.  if they come along then thats great but i love weeks of no rain in summer. I love seasonal weather.  

personally, and this is not knocking others i just don't like heavy rain in summer if i can help it when we get enough in winter.  

however, if it rains, it rains and we can't do a lot about anything we get and it does amaze me when people say 'storm shield' as if the weather hates them.  it is waht it is.  we all enjoy different aspects i suppose.

enjoy your storms everyone.