Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Was just wondering where William is tonight. He is conspicuous by his absence....

He's on his way to France tonight for a holiday I believe.....should get a fantastic light show  :good:

• Like 3

Posted

hasn't Willam gone away sure he mentioned it a day or two ago.Thinking I may give it until 11 if nothing by then its definately bed time.

Im glad your feeling optimistic not too sure on are chances tonight as you say next hour or 2 will tell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Certainly was a memorable one, T/T/d of 84/77 that day, 40kts of Deep Layer Shear, Dryline, 5,500Jkg Of Cape, these are not too far from what is being progged by ECM/GFS Still although I expect it to downgrade quite a bit. Our biggest enemy where we are situated is actually France with big MCS Storms pushing forward their anvil shields and killing off the next days chances, 28th June 2012 was a bit different with those Storms initiating in clear air over Worcestershire, Gloucestershire etc and moving into untouched / unworked air, the System the night before headed up through the NW/ Wales and Irish Sea, so do we really want the MCS Tomorrow night ??

With regards to Strongest in the Uk if you look on the Torro Site there have been 2 x T8 (EF4) Tornadoes in the last thousand years, there was also a 1 Mile Wide Wedge in Herefordshire and the Longest track was from West of London all the way to the North Norfolk Coast, some 115 miles on the ground.

Wow that is incredible! Such high values and I like the long track tornado that had it's last stages through Norfolk. It can happen albeit not very often :D

Edited by Greenday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Spare a thought for the poor Easterners, who will be praying that the left over garbage from Friday doesn't inhibit the chances of one or two home grown "couple of rumbles and that's it" (also known as SNS - Standard Norfolk Storms)  :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

hasn't Willam gone away sure he mentioned it a day or two ago.Thinking I may give it until 11 if nothing by then its definately bed time.

Doubt anything (if it does) will reach here by 23:00 mate. After midnight if it does hit here and that's a big IF at the moment too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Unfortunately no chance of thunderstorms here this week, as cool fresher weather moves into western coastal areas however I'm very interested to see how much activity other areas get. Looks intense for central southern areas potentially.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Spare a thought for the poor Easterners, who will be praying that the left over garbage from Friday doesn't inhibit the chances of one or two home grown "couple of rumbles and that's it" (also known as SNS - Standard Norfolk Storms)  :nonono:

I will do a post in the SE thread in a moment but in short.

High resolution models show temperatures almost as high as tomorrow (for Saturday).

Cape levels through the roof over East Anglia

• Like 2

Posted

the plume has hit.

if the plume is 24 degrees at 10pm outside and no wind then i'm all in favour of it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

the plume has hit.

if the plume is 24 degrees at 10pm outside and no wind then i'm all in favour of it.

Yes very sticky here! Hopefully we get to see some action later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I will do a post in the SE thread in a moment but in short.High resolution models show temperatures almost as high as tomorrow (for Saturday).Cape levels through the roof over East Anglia

Would you mind adding it to technical thread in the storms/convective thread please? :D
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Joking from me aside, William has just pm'd me and asked me to pass it on, so to quote...

"Hi AJ,

I've seen the posts about me, I can't post but if you could tell them that I've had a lovely thunderstorm with very close thunder and lightning with a brief spell of heavy rain.

Thanks,

William"

Good on yer William!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Joking from me aside, William has just pm'd me and asked me to pass it on, so to quote...

"Hi AJ,

I've seen the posts about me, I can't post but if you could tell them that I've had a lovely thunderstorm with very close thunder and lightning with a brief spell of heavy rain.

Thanks,

William"

Lucky sod - very pleased for him and good of him to check in with us :D
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Wow look at the explosion of cells now in the English channel!

I think we are now seeing the mixing of cooler air from the shortwave which should allow the destabilization to occur that we are looking for to kick things off! Interesting few hours ahead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

"Hi AJ,

Thanks,

William"

Ah fantastic! Pm back, nice one William.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

The showers around the Cherbourg Peninsular seem to have really pepped up on the last radar update. I have to get up for work at 3am but tempted to stay up a bit longer in the hope of catching a light show!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Would you mind adding it to technical thread in the storms/convective thread please? :D

I could try, I might need some help filling in some of the gaps though :p

Posted

Would love to be sat where i was last week right now!!

In a cottage over looking the sea in Porthleven, would have been a beauty of a place! 

• Like 2

Posted

I think we are now seeing the mixing of cooler air from the shortwave which should allow the destabilization to occur that we are looking for to kick things off! Interesting few hours ahead!

Good luck you did a lot better than me the other week hopefully we all see something at least in next 2 days.

• Like 1