Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

Ah it's always the case!! Guess where I am.. Not in the borough but on a train to Portsmouth and left those storms behind! It felt worse than a heartbreak !!!!

Cell tracking SE from Swindon to Pompey, you might see something,..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Estofex prediction has been top today! And not to forget the last couple of days...

http://www.estofex.org/

Posted

Just had a brilliant storm here. Took some videos but the sound quality has failed. Will show the link anyway.

We had 18mm in an hour from that. Some cracking lightning and instant cracks of thunder. Been waiting for that after the last few days of near misses and disappointment!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103402818696004712865/albums/6038215440490078401

EDIT: Sorry it's the right link now.

Edited by Tom D
  • Like 1

Posted

Storms going up over yorkshire, doubtful ill see anything here in hull today though. Not complaining afar lasts nights 2 hour long lightning display.

That storm in the Market Weighton area is following the 1079 towards Beverley so you might see something. Loads of ominous looking stuff from my back garden in East York looking S to SW but nowt showing on the radar yetEdit: not loads, and probably not even ominous now I've taken my sunnies off. Doh! Edited by Mullet69

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Seems we are missing out here in Stevenage. Quite a few very distant low rumbles, which have now fizzled out and a few spits and spots of rain. But on the plus side Ware got a lovely storm, which is great news and the step daughter who went back home to Ware at 4pm was desperate for a storm. Nothing much happened here since the cracker Thurs night, but we were both hoping yesterday for some action.. Ah well, glad she got a good show in the end. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Still more opportunities on Thurs/Fri this week potentially :) ....

post-17315-0-78494800-1405881738_thumb.j   post-17315-0-41341300-1405881753_thumb.j

post-17315-0-00414400-1405882499_thumb.j

Edited by poseidon

Posted

well all the hopes of a humdinger have faded as the storm system has retreated back south, so much promise has again been scuppered so really the south Kyme shield is kinda still in intact  :nonono:

LO

Posted

just been and followed the crowland storm not that much lightening and thunder but loads of torrential rain lots of flooded roads.  would of had a great lightening shot on camera at one point but wasnt ready if any knows spalding area was sat in car at cowbit bank and lightening in front of us about 250 yards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Estofex prediction has been top today! And not to forget the last couple of days...

http://www.estofex.org/

I agree. I don't even look at the Met Office for storm forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Dull and overcast with light drizzle. Default Norfolk summer weather is back with a bang. Haha.

Posted
  • Location: Barrowby, (nr. Grantham) Sth Lincs (200ft ASL- ish)
  • Weather Preferences: The worse the better!
  • Location: Barrowby, (nr. Grantham) Sth Lincs (200ft ASL- ish)

Time lapse - Crowland storm 20th July 2014:

If you watch about halfway through, you can see what looks like some interesting rotation going on.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Time lapse - Crowland storm 20th July 2014: http://youtu.be/JnMiOhVUE4oIf you watch about halfway through, you can see what looks like some interesting rotation going on.

Excellent.... I see the rotation you mentioned Nice video mate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Time lapse - Crowland storm 20th July 2014: http://youtu.be/JnMiOhVUE4oIf you watch about halfway through, you can see what looks like some interesting rotation going on.

Yep I see, you can really see it try hard for a spout with the rain at the end rotating as it fell...

• Like 2

Posted

I'm right on the edge of a decent looking cell just to my North which may give a few strikes as it heads for the coast.

Picture is very tame compared to some of the superb pictures and videos posted in this thread over the last few days,but its the best i've had. :laugh:

• Like 4

Posted

Estofex prediction has been top today! And not to forget the last couple of days...http://www.estofex.org/

I have to disagree we was under a level 2 for Friday meanwhile we got nothing of the sort that they was mentioning, nothing out the blue. Pretty standard stormy weather. We got no hail, no bow echo... Thursday was the good day and that was not forecasted, so from Estofex it has been a bit of a disaster... For the SE, Kent has been bombarded though :p. We must remember they do not play God. Trying to not make this sound like a complaint, out of 10 I'll give this disturbed period 6.25/10.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Here's my video, hope you like it! 

Edited by TruthSpeaker
  • Like 6

I have to disagree we was under a level 2 for Friday meanwhile we got nothing of the sort that they was mentioning, nothing out the blue. Pretty standard stormy weather. We got no hail, no bow echo...Thursday was the good day and that was not forecasted, so from Estofex it has been a bit of a disaster... For the SE, Kent has been bombarded though :p. We must remember they do not play God. Trying to not make this sound like a complaint, out of 10 I'll give this disturbed period 6.25/10.

It does sound a bit like a complaint though. I think Estofex, Met Office, etc did very well forecasting what was a very unpredictable spell of weather. Yours is a classic IMBY post which unfortunately fails to highlight the complexities of thunderstorm forecast, and why warning areas etc have to be broad to cover a range of outcomes. 

The same goes for Estofex's Level 2/3 warning forecasts on the continent - not everywhere in those zones will have copped a storm either, but that shouldn't be the forecasters fault.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice little cell thundered away to my SE for over half an hour before just dying suddenly. I'd be happy with a good downpour at the moment! Ground hard as rock.

post-18410-0-24724000-1405886717_thumb.j

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

As my account has been suspended I have created this new account so I can share my apology -

I apologise for the language used throughout my posts and thread title last night, I had had a little to drink and therefore was not in a position to fully control my actions, although I understand this is no excuse for my actions. In the future I will use more consideration when in such circumstances.

I hope I can be forgiven for my actions and my suspension lifted.

Many thanks,
Ihatecoldweather 
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well, we had an absolute little corker here this afternoon, rumbles started about 2.30pm, and kept watching the radar, a little sceptical of anything actually happening, but then convinced Rick that if we just went up the road to have a look....... So Glad we did!

Drove to Fobbing park and set up the camera and go pro to film the storm just building over the estuary towards Southend. Had a good 30 min of just watching huge CGs before the rain hit, but also got some interesting cloud and structure stuff which looks awesome on time-lapse.

Then headed a bit further back west to try and avoid the rain and parked up at One tree hill and saw more very close CGs with real shotgun thunder, but absolutely rain-wrapped and a little too close for comfort for my liking to be standing out in it, so we then repositioned again to Coalhouse fort, which is right on the River, but a bit further west, but by the time the rain had eased enough to walk a bit further out to get a better view, it had gone over towards London and the Thames had started to become quite misty. 

Got back home about 6.30 to no power and no phone line, and three very jumpy cats.  Power came back on about 7.30 but the resulting surge has literally fried my Fridge and the compressor is going loopy trying to restart itself, the socket is behind said Fridge and it's a massive stainless larder affair (Seemed like a good idea at the time) so now I need to cut the power to the ground floor of the house for about an hour to hope it restarts....

Got some amazing footage (which I can't tinker with as Mac is on the ground floor) but will definitely post it up once I've edited out all the swearing! :) Two mini local chases this weekend, I'm very happy! 

• Like 7