Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

More heading northbound Nick? Cell to my South West and West have been moving slow. Poor vis to the south where you are.

Cell over me and Oval Cricket is producing lightning every 5 minutes, raining heavy here.

If anything, the storm towards central London appears to be back-building or moving south towards me, thunder getting louder and more frequent, sky towards central London disappearing in rain.

Storm over central London seems to be joining up with the storms down the Thames Estuary over south Essex/N Kent now, though it's not really producing much audible-wise here for now. Still the Heathrow bound jets are are swinging in through it for their final descent.

Edited by Nick F

Seems like it's died out, not heard anything for a while. Not even had any rain.

Just been through st Neots on the train! All I can say is WOW! Very impressive CG's hitting! Had everyone on here talking lol

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

No storms here. Just hot sunshine. Up to 25c suns been shining for 2/3 hours at least now. Only warmer than yesterday by a couple of degrees but far better for being out.

well its getting darker and darker here.. seem to be surrounded!! most thunder from the east of me

It's wierd, the storm seems to be moving E to W, but the clouds directly above are moving in the opposite direction.

first time I've tried uploading to Youtube

see what you think - should be in 1080p

A nice day here down in Ile De Re, France. A few showers with one being quite heavy this morning but nothing thundery. A few thunderstorms are typically inland.

It's wierd, the storm seems to be moving E to W, but the clouds directly above are moving in the opposite direction.

Noticed this too,e-w but clouds were looking to go in the opposite direction.

Ok, thunder has started up again. I assume they're cloud- cloud strikes as they're not showing up on Blitzzortung.

Thunder now audible to my south-east. Can't decided if it's backbuilding from existing cell over central and south-east London or new stuff is going up...

Noticed this too,e-w but clouds were looking to go in the opposite direction.

I remember mention of a line of convergence- wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Reports of 1 killed and 4 injured in south France as a result of a tornado passing through a campsite, shows how much instability is still around in Europe.

evening all im in whaplode not far from spalding in south of lincolnshire skys getting darker her few rumbles but nothing else as yet. fingers crossed we get something. are these storm actually moving tho

Pic of cell near Westbury, Wilts.
Not producing any lightning but may be one to watch.
Posted Image

evening all im in whaplode not far from spalding in south of lincolnshire skys getting darker her few rumbles but nothing else as yet. fingers crossed we get something. are these storm actually moving tho

i think peterborough is about to get slammed, i can hear that storm as it passes right of here

hiya sparky think i might head out in car soon head for open bit of space as whaplode is bit built up 

its looking like a big storm, very dark cloud, enjoy the drive.

where do you think should head crowland 

or cowbit bank

anywhere in that direction i would say, very open spaces and plenty of parking spots to view it