Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Storm in Chelmsford is dying out. No chance of it making my location now. 

One's brewing in St Neots though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's getting nearer :D base looks very low and angry!!

Posted

Am in Corringham. Has been going for the past half an hour & rain is really bad - thunderbolt just now. How I hate thunderstorms - bad experience with one when I was younger.

Moore1, I have an irrational fear of Lightning/thunder, but do love it as well, I cannot recall a bad experience from childhood, but I suppose I could have had one and have somehow blocked the memory out.......?

What was you bad experience, if you don't mind me asking??

Posted

Some lightning around the Bourne area. Though I think it is going to be too far east of Grantham for me to be able to see anything. 

Posted

Storm in Chelmsford is dying out. No chance of it making my location now. 

One's brewing in St Neots though. 

I would certainly be looking NW, or if the convergence can link up then straight up, looks a good zone to be in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This is dropping CGs like there's no tomorrow :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Moore1, I have an irrational fear of Lightning/thunder, but do love it as well, I cannot recall a bad experience from childhood, but I suppose I could have had one and have somehow blocked the memory out.......?What was you bad experience, if you don't mind me asking??

Well. Cutting the long story short....... Was out walking in a storm & lightning hit the ground in front of me, making a hole the size of a Table tennis ball!!If I am feeling brave enough, I can watch from the back door but most of the time I hide away in the corner & turn all electrical things off. Am trying to get over this fear by watching storms as much as I can. Sorry if off topic everyone. Edited by Moore1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Raining quite a bit with Surface Based CBs in London, can't see much as there's plenty of poor visibility but very poor vis to my south at the moment. 

Posted

Well. Cutting the long story short....... Was out walking in a storm & lightning hit the ground in front of me, making a hole the size of a Table tennis ball!!If I am feeling brave enough, I can watch from the back door but most of the time I hide away in the corner & turn all electrical things off. Am trying to get over this fear by watching storms as much as I can.

My Mum had a phobia of storms also and that's how she overcome it. You've just got the realise that indoors it can do no harm and even outdoors the chances am minimal of it hitting you. I know it's tough, but exposure to a phobia is the best way to overcome it so you're doing the right thing. 

Posted

My Mum had a phobia of storms also and that's how she overcome it. You've just got the realise that indoors it can do no harm and even outdoors the chances am minimal of it hitting you. I know it's tough, but exposure to a phobia is the best way to overcome it so you're doing the right thing.

Thanks Matty007
  • Like 1

Posted

Thunder!!!! Quite a few active Cells in London right now.

Edited by Robbie Garrett
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well. Cutting the long story short....... Was out walking in a storm & lightning hit the ground in front of me, making a hole the size of a Table tennis ball!!If I am feeling brave enough, I can watch from the back door but most of the time I hide away in the corner & turn all electrical things off. Am trying to get over this fear by watching storms as much as I can. Sorry if off topic everyone.

Well mate, you're not alone at least. Speak to Gordon Webbo! I'm sure he's feels mutual with you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

We've had a couple of rumbles of thunder here.

Most of the storms are to the east of you at the moment!!

Posted

St Neots is brewing nicely. Hopefully will come towards me. 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

First rumble of thunder of the day heard here near Croydon, just south of the storm developing towards central London and the bases of the clouds above are getting increasing dark. 

• Like 2

Posted

First rumble of thunder of the day heard here near Croydon, just south of the storm developing towards central London and the bases of the clouds above are getting increasing dark. 

More heading northbound Nick? Cell to my South West and West have been moving slow. Poor vis to the south where you are.

Cell over me and Oval Cricket is producing lightning every 5 minutes, raining heavy here.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Huge cumulonimbus clouds I can see east of leicester!!building rapidly aswell!!25 degrees at the moment and muggy!!

I can confirm that, just took the Mrs outside to show her, bit crotchety, she said "Wow, big deal, people will think we're mad just staring at the sky" hmmmm, guess she's not interested!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It's very cool (actually make that chilly) and cloudy now and no mugginess at all, which is a shame. Just been getting used to sunshine again :)  I believe storms were forecast as well, also a shame as it seems the East Midlands and extreme SE are benefitting once more.

• Like 2