Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

The best storms of the day have definitely been those in France. Be interesting to see what happens as they cross the channel. Won't head anywhere near here but maybe London area.

IS that a Bow in the South West ?? Looks very much like one !!!!

Everything at the ready.

I get the feeling its going to run just east of us, (Rotherham). Shame.

Looks like Kent is in for two days in a row of clobbering, with three storms in the space of 18-24 hours. Damn Kent. 

Over on UKWW there has been confirmed rotation in the cell close to Swindon, some ones about to jump in the car and go chase it. An experienced severe weather forecaster and storm chaser is confirming that it is a low topped super cell, going by his convective forecast it will begin to move into a strongly sheared environment within the next hour. Possibility of a Tornado from this cell.  ;) 

• Like 4

Heavy rain with thunder & lightning here.

Just witnessed my first ever rotation on a cell right over my house!!! Got it on video!!!

• Like 4

Over on UKWW there has been confirmed rotation in the cell close to Swindon, some ones about to jump in the car and go chase it. An experienced severe weather forecaster and storm chaser is confirming that it is a low topped super cell, going by his convective forecast it will begin to move into a strongly sheared environment within the next hour. Possibility of a Tornado from this cell.  ;) 

I was gonna post to anyone who is out and about and has a camera that's the one to head for. It's not part of a much larger area of cloud and precip so should be much better to photograph and potentially far more energy in it

Looks like another beast is on the loose near Oxford!!

after a brief shower and a few rumbles the sun is back out and still feeling very warm, does not look like there is to much more to come

Sweet storm

Lots of lightning and a few directly overhead

As it's nailing it down, we can't leave the pub lol

As the storm rumbles its' way towards Chesterfield I have to ask myself what the chances might be of that cell near Swindon making its way all the way north to here?

The answer has to be 'vanishingly small', at least in its current state, so I think that might be it for today .

Thunder and lightning shield crancking up. Need to work on my detectors though piping not far enough away from the metal bracket. Sheild broken at the moment new firmware being loaded no doubt.

• Like 1

getting a bit excited dark clouds are coming over leeds hope the storm keeps its strenght :D

Looks like it's taken a NNE turn.  Getting black to the SW here with distant booming.  

Edited by Mark Griffin

A few rumbles of thunder in the distance to the SSW, here's hoping!

One or two rogue strikes seen to the SE, seems like things have tapered off somewhat since 10mins ago but the anvil-edge can also be seen to the south with clear skies behind it. Might have a good mammatus display shortly.

Looks like Kent is in for two days in a row of clobbering, with three storms in the space of 18-24 hours. Damn Kent. 

Last night's storm was pale in comparison to the one in terms of lightning at 3am. It was incredible, every possible strike happened and one point it was every 4seconds!

As the storm rumbles its' way towards Chesterfield I have to ask myself what the chances might be of that cell near Swindon making its way all the way north to here?

The answer has to be 'vanishingly small', at least in its current state, so I think that might be it for today .

I asked the same question my self!

Need some of that storm to come Lincolnshire way camera ready tornado would be great on video or pics

what storm should we be watching?

If not chance of storms in lincol where is best place to go not to many miles tho lol was thinking maybe peterborough way or shoukd I go lincoln way

Non stop thunder to be heard from the Swindon cell, can see a nice rainbow and the side of the Cu-nim, currently sat in the sunshine. it'll pass I suspect to the East of me.

well that was fun, managed lots of pics and vids, even caughter lighting on one, as the storm left it gave one massive shotgun thunder clap, but I did,t have camera on.

Chesterfield and Mansfiled look like full on hits with this one now. Enjoy it , it was one good show.