Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

I was just about to post, i think its heading, Birmingham, Derby, then here! ;)

Let's hope it clips this way, I'll be extremely micturated if it misses to the south again.

Okay I am going to chase this Swindon beast. Just need to figure out its track as looks to have some NE movement to it.

Edit: Holy cr*p this thing could actually be heading to Derby!

I chuffing hope so ;)

Beginning to dissipate again here though. Can see clearer skies and some cumulus bubbling up to the south-west.

radar showing light rain approaching SE London! If only mature storms found it as easy to head to London from France as the dregs do.

@ Speedway Slider: Supercell tracks are more often than not hard to predict, ATM it looks like a hit for Birmingham, Arnie better fire up Brumcam :clapping:

..if it however takes on pronounced right-mover characteristics theres no telling where exactly it will go. Anyone in the vicinty who can confirm a rotating Meso (updraft) and the direction of

rotation?

Ralph

I was just about to post, i think its heading, Birmingham, Derby, then here! ;)

Then it'll hit the Sheffield shield and split into two parts promptly reforming north of here and battering Leeds and Donny. Sun now coming out so perhaps some heat to come.

Sounds like a huge storm hopefully heads in this direction

come to papa!

Okay I am going to chase this Swindon beast. Just need to figure out its track as looks to have some NE movement to it.

Edit: Holy cr*p this thing could actually be heading to Derby!

Looks like it :D I did an hour radar jump and it's definitely moved NE :) I've been thinking of heading south. Don't want to risk waiting up here as it'll probably die haha.

Yes I'm watching that cell just sw of York

post-5386-0-65653500-1405777632_thumb.pn

Who else thinks the rainfall over east yorkshire now has a distinctive hook to it? 

Yup

A real potential repeat of June 2012 I reckon, could well hit exactly the same areas too !!

I'd take a punt at Coventry taking a whack from this and then onto Derby/Nottingham, perhaps further East too. We'll have to see how it goes.

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Its still raining here in Lancashire and it still not letting up. :(

Edited by pip22

Beginning to dissipate again here though. Can see clearer skies and some cumulus bubbling up to the south-west.  

Yes, the skies seem to be cleaing again to the south fortunately. Be good to see some home grown storms develop across the SE rather than relying on the storms errupting over in northern France atm, as the French storms will probably be surface based and unlikely to survive well the Channel crossing.

The Swindon storm is heading into a huge area of energy as it tracks NE, high cape levels being shown until well into the evening so it should survive.

Also as  mentioned, if it is supercellular, it could have an extremely long track!

Im sure most of us can remember how long the supercells travelled on June 28th 2012! 

Nothing at all in the SE my hope is fading fast. :(

Light rain galore here. As if we don't get enough of that through a year. Really hoping for something to give some thunder and lightning but now looks quite unlikely with all forecasts showing nothing over here today, a huge contrast to yesterday when all forecasts had everything over this way. I live in hope :D

A real potential repeat of June 2012 I reckon, could well hit exactly the same areas too !!

I'd take a punt at Coventry taking a whack from this and then onto Derby/Nottingham, perhaps further East too. We'll have to see how it goes.

I was just thinking the same thing, it does look to be heading on the same track as that supercell. If this is true then I may want to head slightly south as the 28th June 2012 storm just skimmed Derby but clobbered to the south and east.

I was just thinking the same thing, it does look to be heading on the same track as that supercell. If this is true then I may want to head slightly south as the 28th June 2012 storm just skimmed Derby but clobbered to the south and east.

We got nailed that day. What do you think the chances of a repeat are?

I'm wondering if that's it for here today haven't seen or heard anything in a while.

That storm over Swindon area is interesting, though you can really see the border of where stability and instability is both of the radar, and the satellite.

There's almost a straight line between having a thunderstorm in the eastern part of the cell, and being more stable in the western part of the cell.. never seen anything like it!