Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

That cell in Wiltshire has got some right movement to it. If that can tap into this soaring heat and massive CAPE area, then all hell may well break loose!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

quite a potent storm inbound coming across Salisbury plain, radar shows it as very active, and visually very dark to my south with low growls of thunder

Posted

Amazed at the humidity today. It's in 19c with light rain but it feels far warmer. It's trying to brighten up a bit now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

The merest few spots of rain here now and gentle rolling thunder.

That's the limit of the action for us so far.

B. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just heavy rain here at the moment, but a really nice line of strong storms from Worcester down to Salisbury, gaining intensity and building east as it moves north :)

Not to mention cloud breaking in the south and east midlands southwards now. Was worried earlier that we'd be stuck, under cloud all day but really promising developments further south now, and it's only half 1.

They will go well to the west of you and me. You need to be looking more towards the sse and not ssw. Towards the SSE there is now a big fat zero and what has developed a short while ago has only been very short lived.

By the way surprised you got anything at all in Dronfield at 02:30 didn't start raining here until around six.

Posted

Lots of fairly distant thunder here but black to my south so may get a fairly close storm shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still thick cloud in Derby and no sign of it shifting. I am awake now though and ready to travel so signs of it brightening up elsewhere gives me hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

This storm has been going on since 12. Although not a direct hit, I cant complain 1 bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

And once again thunder to the southNumber 5 incoming maybe.

That's just greedy lol! Spare a thought for those poor Telford folks who would love to see just 1 storm haha! ... I have to laugh or I would cry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

wow, some large hail here with constant thunder....I've been filming but I've had to come inside as I was getting pounded and it hurt!

• Like 1

Posted

Heathrow airport flight schedules to be reduced between 4pm & 6pm BST in anticipation of stormy weather - @BBCNews

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

That Bath cell is a beast!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The clag is starting to clear, but whether the fun stuff will make it this far north is another matter entirely.

Edit: Probably too far east again actually.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Huge amounts of energy around in central/SE areas, GFS showing high cape untill gone 18:00 so i wouldnt worry yet, things will get going! 

Also worth taking note that the cloud is now clearing! 

Posted

That cell in Wiltshire has got some right movement to it. If that can tap into this soaring heat and massive CAPE area, then all hell may well break loose!

hi, cloud thinning nicely now, i thought after the storm we had it would feel fresher but still feels muggy, do you think there is a chance of more storms later if things warm up enough

Posted

That was storm number 5 today, little more activity it that one with bright lightning and loud gun shot thunder with very heavy rain, roads are like rivers now.

The sun has now broken through and we have got a bit of a break before the next one.

Posted

Will this be coming up north anytime soon?

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

i thought i would never say this but.........will it ever stop!!! lol

haha my son will be loving this.. he is in westbury until mon and he loves a good storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thunder here at 13:15 but is all over now, however, it is still dark to the south. Not much to shout about in all honesty but it all counts towards my thunder days for the year.

Hopefully the sun will come out and we can have a nice afternoon with potentially a nice big storm this evening......

I don't ask for much do I?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

hi, cloud thinning nicely now, i thought after the storm we had it would feel fresher but still feels muggy, do you think there is a chance of more storms later if things warm up enough

I'd say there's a pretty high chance for some good action later on this evening, cloud has cleared and now the energy can really build.
  • Like 1

Posted

elevated storm has rooted and turned surface based and radar suggests right turner...possible supercell in the making?

currently filming it and upload later....lots of rotation indicative of shear and a possible mesocyclone....for those with NW radar, zoom in on SN154QG and check the signature...cheers

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

my stormy weekend has peaked .. some distant crackles on the radio .. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

That cell near Swindon are having couple of flashes every 10 seconds!! :shok:

Edited by pip22