Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Looks like some hazy breaks in the cloud appearing in the south coupled with clearer slots over the channel and into northern France. Bodes well for thunderstorm development this afternoon once the cap breaks.

I'm not too worried about cloudy conditions here - there is a lot of moisture out there and as long as the storms get going further south I'll happily watch them trundle up here this afternoon! :D

I'll have a look at some video grabs I got from the Market Harborough storm last night and post them on here if they're good enough lol :D Some epic pictures this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Looks like some hazy breaks in the cloud appearing in the south coupled with clearer slots over the channel and into northern France. Bodes well for thunderstorm development this afternoon once the cap breaks.

I'm not too worried about cloudy conditions here - there is a lot of moisture out there and as long as the storms get going further south I'll happily watch them trundle up here this afternoon! :D

I'll have a look at some video grabs I got from the Market Harborough storm last night and post them on here if they're good enough lol :D Some epic pictures this morning!

I admire your optimism.  I think we will need an injection of heat personally or these storms will just fizzle like they have been.

Posted

Id rather see this cloud and drizzle clear away to allow 3/4 hours of clear sunshine before any further storms develop. They wont be as impressive otherwise.

Id rather see this cloud and drizzle clear away to allow 3/4 hours of clear sunshine before any further storms develop. They wont be as impressive otherwise.

Fair point. I will be keeping a close eye on reports from your area especially. Hope you get some sun in the next few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Unfortunately the cloud doesn't seem to be shifting and the satellite/radar shows a train of more and more rain with the odd rumble of thunder type stuff. If it doesn't shift then we won't get any severe storms later today. It needs to move on, not necessarily from here but at least to my east and south.

• Like 1

Posted

Rain has set in here. Whether we get the thundery element today is a little open to question

Posted

Fair point. I will be keeping a close eye on reports from your area especially. Hope you get some sun in the next few hours!

Looking at the radar hopefully the rain clears by 11-1130 so providing nothing else comes up should get some sun. GFS still going for 27/28c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

On the western flank of that cloud it's now stable. Although the GFS suggests energy will increase later, it will take a monumental effort to move this big mass of cloud, or even break it up. Therefore for more northern areas I think we can close the chapter on this one with the day likely to be plagued by cloud, and air too cool to initiate anything convective. 

Further south though, where the cloud clears, it looks like there will be another good build up/sustainment of energy, so from early afternoon the southern areas and southern Midlands, should hopefully see some more impressive storms as they attempt to progress north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It is so humid here we are starting to get very ratty, lol!

Sun also desperately trying to get through the cloud here!

Not sure I share everyone's optimism about clearing skies though...further storms firing over N France are just adding more shizzle to our skies.

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

What a great night of storms so much activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

What a load of rubbish again :( nothing at all think its been 5-6 years since the last good storm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Apparently forecast says we're due for more at about midday. Any truth in this?

Posted

Either we are very unlucky or I sleep heavier than I thought but nothing but early morning rain here now cleared and Thursday night saw the violent storms pass to the east and west of us - the ground was still dry as a bone on Friday morning.

Maybe today is our day

Posted

Was hoping once that area of plain jane thunderless rain passed over it would brighten up from the south, but now looks like we have another 2-3 maybe even 4 hours of  moderate bland rain to go through with the torrential excitement, as ever, further east.

Posted

They really were not - Meto called this perfectly.Just unlucky for you

Disagree,thurs had more potent storms/lightening count alot higher and they were bigging last night as more severe. Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Apparently forecast says we're due for more at about midday. Any truth in this?

There's going to be developments all day, I know it has been said many times, but it's best just to stick to the radar and keep a close eye on your area. The storm I had this morning practically developed out of nowhere.8am..post-15177-0-01867600-1405762860_thumb.pHalf an hour later..post-15177-0-27940600-1405762877_thumb.p Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The rain is getting heavier here. Is that a good sign?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

It is if you are testing a new brolly and still dry...

• Like 1

Posted

Flash and boooom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Was hoping once that area of plain jane thunderless rain passed over it would brighten up from the south, but now looks like we have another 2-3 maybe even 4 hours of  moderate bland rain to go through with the torrential excitement, as ever, further east.

Yeah this rain looks set for a good chunk of the day, and then we still have to get rid of the cloud. It's early days but I'm not overly optimistic to be honest (for the West Midlands).

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It was heavy here too, unfortunately this far west, the air is relatively stable now. The expectations is that this cloud will clear and energy will build. Whether this actually happens this far north, is an entirely separate problem.

Posted

Thunderstorm part 3

Posted

Had a bit of thunder and lightning earlier, Nothing compared to many storms elsewhere as mainly infrequent as less instability than further east but nice to see and better than nothing.  Enough rain to give a decent watering to things too.GFS looks to have downgraded and pushed todays CAPE east at the last minute.. May in part be due to more left over cloud being forecast by it. Oh well may have to see what elevated storms I can get if not much surface convection kicks off, though these could still be decent (slept last night instead of chasing storms east of here so I was able to chase today).

Edited by Evening thunder