Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Well nothing again as usual and looking at the current radar the garden will be lucky to get some rain,

• Like 1

Posted

Chuffed I caught this on video :) at approx 3:30am this morning at my location.

post-118-0-84535200-1405752986_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Could be a case I. Many areas today of so much potential(CAPE, LI) and not enough heating from the sun because of all the old MCS rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Yes, still VERY Muggy.

Brightening quite quickly now, we need that sun to break through to be in with a chance of homegrowns.

Roll on 18:00

Indeed, although homegrowns haven't been particularly active, they keep delivering excellent skies but that's really not what it's all about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

Wow these just came out of nowhere...!

Posted Image

Just shows how ripe the atmosphere is for development at the moment :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Wow these just came out of nowhere...!

Posted Image

Just shows how ripe the atmosphere is for development at the moment :good:

Wish it was still dark going to be impossible spotting lightning with this low cloud

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Think we have to look south of those strong cells over NW France for signs of clearer skies later, hopefully the morning thundery rain and storms will push on north quick enough. Still a lot to come up from the south, but I guess its still fairly early.

post-1052-0-86230700-1405754330_thumb.gi

• Like 2

Posted

its all kicking off again here in south london,, cant see lightning tho due to the cloud being pretty low

Posted

Well here in west yorks,overcast with mod rain.Keep your spanish plume,homegrown stuff for me lol.We do better in winter re snow so i suppose its a little ying n yang.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I thought I heard thunder here. But instead it is a bus going pass my house. :(

Edit: Lol. Its a plane now!! Typical!! Just wished they sound different.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Not sure this event was a humdinger as carol k called it more than once. Cant comment on other areas but Thursday' nights storm was so much more impressive and that wasn't even forecasted for here !

Very true. I'm glad some folks got something last night but there is no way it was anything like Thursday night. I'd like to see the stats for observed strikes.I think the Meto Orange warning killed any hopes of the super storms lol
  • Like 1

Posted

It was basically the 'perfect' setup last night. The storm never seemed to get closer than about 12 miles from where I live, which meant those who don't like storms could sleep in peace as there were no rumbles (or the quietest rumbles you've ever heard), while I could be outside with the camera (for two hours), without fear of rain because there was none :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Woke up at 01:13am to meet a thunderstorm. Lightning was frequent but fairly elevated, although some cloud to ground fork was seen at distance.

Another storm was heard at approximately 05:35am but thunder was much less frequent here. Rain was heavier than the first storm though. This storm lost most of its electrical flare and became just heavy rain before clearing off around a hour ago.

Now I am left with a layer of low crappy crud which isn't going to help durinal heating matters later on today unless it clears quickly to which there is no sign of this currently.

The forecasts and models continue to point to further cell development IMBY later this afternoon, but with this layer of crud currently, I have my doubts.

Good storms last night but Thursdays were better. They were so much cleaner and pronounced.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 3

Posted

Well at 1.30 last night there were distant elevated flashes lasted about 5 minuets.

Then this morning we were woken up at 5.30am by decent thunder. I was expecting this to be 'it' but if it was then 'it' was disappointing.

Oh well...... That's us over with now then.

• Like 1

Posted

Ouch lightning out of nowhere here in Essex woke me up as was like a shotgun going off just outside window. Must have been very close

Posted

Woke up at 01:13am to meet a thunderstorm. Lightning was frequent but fairly elevated, although some cloud to ground fork was seen at distance.Another storm was heard at approximately 05:35am but thunder was much less frequent here. Rain was heavier than the first storm though. This storm lost most of its electrical flare and became just heavy rain before clearing off around a hour ago.Now in left with a layer of low crappy crud which isn't going to help durinal heating matters later on today unless it clears quickly to which there is no sign of this currently.The forecasts and models continue it point to further cell development IMBY later this afternoon, but with this layer of crud currently, I have my doubts.Good storms last nights but Thursdays were better. They were so much cleaner and pronounced.

Another storm rumbling towards us now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The stuff coming out of France this morning seems to be dying pretty quickly as soon as it hits the UK....more or less drizzle by the time it gets north of London

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

Another storm rumbling towards us now!

Think I would prefer a break. Get rid of this layer of cloud, get the sun involved and have more action this afternoon.If surface heating is allowed, then we have good potential for thunderstorm development again later this afternoon.
  • Like 1

Posted

The areas around Bath could her in for a treat for a while. Quite a line of storms from the south coast there.

Posted

Current cell looks to miss me to my east anyway. Seems to be back building though a bit, so if we can get a more NNW twist on it I may just clip it.

Posted

random rumbles here in Chelmsford atm - now I've been awoken by that very close one

funny to see a SFERIC cross almost above our house on the radar plot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

It's kicking off again round here. Loud thunder commencing. 3 storms in the last 12 hours, Crazy.