Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

GFS SBCAPE overlay on NW v4 radar is showing to the south of me as a breeding ground with over 1800j/kg

• Like 2

Posted

The one west of Le Harve is the only one that's really made it off the coast and it is not electrified anymore.(Older strikes)

Disagree, there are def live strikes in the channel on my link

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

finally started lightning in leeds omg well happy :D

Talk about direct hit! what a storm!

Green sky as it approached, then it got very gusty and the rain was incredible! 

Saw at least 10 cg and constant flashes throughout! 

LOL, awesome :D I saw brilliant structure further south near Leicester then chased it back up the motorway. Been back at Dronfield for a while now and was greeted with an overhead clap of thunder just as I got out of the car :D

Got some good pictures, too. The driving conditions were just ridiculous, so dangerous :o But a buzz all the same. What an epic day  :bomb:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

I can see the cell over Oxford from here amazing cloud tops, some of the biggest ive ever seen in the UK.

Watch it closely, brief interlude where the lightning dropped away a little before picking up again now, very distinct right move on lightning plotter, I think it may be cyclic and is beginning to form a new meso. From Campbell Park in MK I can see the huge cloud tops some 50 miles to the SW it looks like a monster.

Posted

Leeds to Lincoln looking good, second area of interest for me is from the Swinton cell up into Ludlow where instability and rising temps ahead may give this area a nice line of cells to break out from.

Posted

We had an amazing storm at Alfreton , Derbyshire  , the sun is just coming out again now. Just when i thought it had passed there was a massive shot gun bolt of lightning . Hoping to get one tonight, missed out last night   :unknw:   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell what track a thunderstorm will take or is it just a case of watching the radar and hoping?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, Heavy snow

Clear blue skies now the clouds have gone. Is it too late for anything to develop in the south east / east anglia?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Disagree, there are def live strikes in the channel on my link

We'll have to agree to disagree.

None of the little circles you get on your link for a live strike are showing up from the Channel. They are all on land.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Building up nicely as it moves away building out westward. Should be very good for places north of here. Nothing special here just 4mm of rain.

Posted

LOL, awesome :D I saw brilliant structure further south near Leicester then chased it back up the motorway. Been back at Dronfield for a while now and was greeted with an overhead clap of thunder just as I got out of the car :D

Got some good pictures, too. The driving conditions were just ridiculous, so dangerous :o But a buzz all the same. What an epic day  :bomb:

I only managed a few pics as it approached however it was the first time iv ever been worried while driving today, really could not see anything, i drove straight through the core on some pretty dodgy back roads near bolsover, very gusty and so much surface water on the roads!

Was a great buzz though like you said!

If the Swindon storm can survive it will probably pass East of here, allowing for a more relaxed view i suppose!! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Finally some action! Frequent lightening and thunder. Not directly over me but getting a good show out the bedroom window!

Posted

There are cells to the west over Wales, developed on the last radar frame. The clearing skies are a good thing as we may get to utilise some CAPE before it shifts east.

I really hope so, a friend of mine has said they have T&L in manchester. Sun is out and it's humid, and the warmest it's been all day, around 23c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Looking across the channel, it seems That Rouen has a storm to each side, plus quite a lot to come up from the south. I'm pretty optimistic that we'll see something from one of them, activity to the left (the one you can see on NW radar) does seem to have reduced a little, but if you look at it on Blitztortung, then it's popping away like mad on both sides, so I'm not putting the camera away yet!

I only managed a few pics as it approached however it was the first time iv ever been worried while driving today, really could not see anything, i drove straight through the core on some pretty dodgy back roads near bolsover, very gusty and so much surface water on the roads!

Was a great buzz though like you said!

If the Swindon storm can survive it will probably pass East of here, allowing for a more relaxed view i suppose!! ;)

Possibly, although it is taking quite a sharp NE track. Wondering if anything else could pop up over the Midlands this evening to give us another treat haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Any chance of some activity in my area guys? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Those cells in mid Wales seem to be on a decent track for us if they can keep going. Chances?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Just managed to clip the main storm.  Pretty decent elevated lightning and one CG.  Good outflow too so don't see it dying away just yet.  Looks like Goole to york seeing the most frequent lightning soon.