Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Woh....After an epic, energy sapping 48hrs or so........I have awoken to the news that a possible return of El Brumo is imminant 

Is there no end to this Hell :whistling:

a couple of many from last night

post-12214-0-10024700-1405777478_thumb.p

post-12214-0-09321200-1405777557_thumb.p

( i have had to out lay the prossesing of the remaining amout of footage to NASA!)

Bring it on

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I'm wondering if that's it for here today haven't seen or heard anything in a while.

I'm thinking the same too - would like the sun to come out now. Or another storm lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Some activity around the south of Caen and Le Harve. 

Same place the Kent clobberer started off yesterday. A repeat would be nice !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Made quite a shift to the right annoyingly for me, the East Midlands will be a good spot for this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The storm is getting closer to Birmingham now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I wonder whether it might backbuild and join up with echoes appearing just west of Winchester

Posted

You've had enough already :p

No I missed all the action from thursday (fast asleep) friday missed out by some 5-10 miles and today, Absoloute zilch, bloody annoying PPN reaches land and dies, I'd expect a rapid intensification as the SE is under high cape values. But no! And then up north gets it again :angry: or Wales lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I was just thinking the same thing, it does look to be heading on the same track as that supercell. If this is true then I may want to head slightly south as the 28th June 2012 storm just skimmed Derby but clobbered to the south and east.

I may chase this too in a bit, I'll see how it goes and what its track is! I reckon Anywhere between Leicester, Loughborough, Hinckley and Coventry will be the best bet, but this may well make further Easterly progress..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

The convection on the E Yorks coast though, lined up with the coastline (see breeze front?) is fascinating. I have never seen this before but it has developed from a line of showers coming up from Lincs.

Pretty cool stuff....

Edited by Muffelchen

I was just thinking the same thing, it does look to be heading on the same track as that supercell. If this is true then I may want to head slightly south as the 28th June 2012 storm just skimmed Derby but clobbered to the south and east.

Yes I'll be watching the radar with interest over the next few hours. It has taken quite an eastward shift. More storms may well break out to the SE of the cell as it makes its way through the Midlands :)

Posted

Looking good, possibly a hook forming at the bottom end of it?!

No, but also a good feature: Its a feeder line or flanking line, thats where the moist "Thunder Food" is getting drawn into potentially "El Brumo II"

Ralph

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

looks like cells are forming either side of the main storm.

• Like 1

Posted

Love the weather but was all bit real last night a house was hit in my mums road in clacton about 4 30,everyone fine who was in there thank god,only damage at me mums was a burnt phone socket,burnt out router and it mucked a sky box up and pc,hoping for maybe a calmer night but not sure it will happern

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Made quite a shift to the right annoyingly for me, the East Midlands will be a good spot for this.

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad so annoying. This is the final chance of this event too. West, east, north, south - everything has missed here bar a few flickers last night. Honestly, the strikes return would be astonishing, literally EVERYWHERE will have seen a proper storm around us, but not here.  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

That cell approaching Le Harve is now more active than the one in the West Country.

Epic development over the last 10 minutes. Moving north but doubt it will survive the Channel .

Posted

I may chase this too in a bit, I'll see how it goes and what its track is! I reckon Anywhere between Leicester, Loughborough, Hinckley and Coventry will be the best bet, but this may well make further Easterly progress..

I hope your right. Looking OK atm. A way off yet though

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

That storm over Swindon area is interesting, though you can really see the border of where stability and instability is both of the radar, and the satellite.

There's almost a straight line between having a thunderstorm in the eastern part of the cell, and being more stable in the western part of the cell.. never seen anything like it!

Yes, the storms over Cotswolds/SW Midlands are just ahead of frontal zone stretching NNW to SSE from western Scotland to IoW, the storms in the warm and unstable airmass to east of front and stable and fresher conditons to the west of Wales, which is producing stratiform rainfall.

Posted

No, but also a good feature: Its a feeder line or flanking line, thats where the moist "Thunder Food" is getting drawn into potentially "El Brumo II"

Ralph

Cheers Ralph! 

Storm looks like its heading between Coventry and Birmingham to me, also a few cells now developing near Nottingham. 

Posted

Hi all, don't forget that if you want to have a moan about the storms (or lack of them) you can head over to the moaning thread - to save this thread being clogged up by lots of moans and groans about things:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80928-no-storms-hate-storms-post-your-storm-related-moans-and-groans-here/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

We got nailed that day. What do you think the chances of a repeat are?

It doesn't look as intense as the 28th June supercell, although the real intensity on that one developed as it passed over Leicestershire and Lincolnshire. My thoughts are that this will track across Brum and to the south of Derby into Leicestershire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It doesn't look as intense as the 28th June supercell, although the real intensity on that one developed as it passed over Leicestershire and Lincolnshire. My thoughts are that this will track across Brum and to the south of Derby into Leicestershire.

Will probably miss Rugeley to the south and east again then, been a frustrating few days considering so much was mentioned! Hope you see something on your chase.